Chapter 1: The Knight it Began.

After reading the document attached to the emails, I was taken aback. The statistics show that our F.L.A.G. detectives have been more efficient with an older car rather than a new car.  We tested this with our latest agent, Arnold Traceur,  maybe the 'no distracting technology' in a 70s car as opposed to the high techie cars now is what we need.
I don't know, 40 years ago, Michael Knight worked so well with Kitt. Maybe, it's time we brush off the dust and get him back.
But how?
I'm sure that Trans-Am was dismantled years ago.
An idea suddenly popped into my mind.
After returning to my apartment after a long day at work. I decided to make a few phone calls. My father, Alexander Barstow, had always told me to never believe my Grandmother's stories. I always wondered why, so I thought today would be the day I finally paid attention to one. I picked up the phone and dialed my Grandmother's number. It rang twice then I heard  the cheerful voice of my Grandma
"Well hello dear, it's been so long since you last called," She said
"Hi grandma, I want to hear one of the stories you would always tell me as a little kid," I said
"Oh lovely, I was just thinking about one when I used to be a mechanic at F.L.A.G. Michael and Kitt would always get into the worst of trouble. One day, I was just talking to Devon Miles and he got pulled up. I started my routine checkup on Kitt when I found a wad of seaweed under his hood. Oh, can you believe that? And Michael's excuse was that Kitt and he had gone swimming."She said.
"Where is he now?" I asked
"Michael lives in Chicago." She said
"I meant Kitt, what happened to Kitt?"
the phone went silent for a few moments
"Why do you care?"My grandma finally said.
"Isn't he like a family heirloom? I have so many questions I like to ask him!" I quickly lied.
"Why can't you just ask me then."She said.
"Do you know everything Kitt does?"I said snarkily.
"That is a fair point, I do not know where Kitt is, or what happened to him however, Michael may, I'll email you his number."She said.
we talked a little longer, then I announced that I had to go take care of 'F.L.A.G business.'
"Susan, be careful."My grandma said before she hung up.
"What do you mean?"I said.
"After 40 years if you even find him, he may not be 'bearing on all cylinders'," She said, then hung up the phone.
I sat and thought for a second, what could she possibly mean by that? I mean he's a car, cars can't change, can they?
I quickly decided to call Michael.
The phone rang a few times, then somebody answered,
"Hello? Michael Knight speaking," They said.
" Hello Michael, my name is Susan Barstow I work for the Foundation for Law and Government" I announced.
"Oh no, what's wrong? The new 3000 explode?" He teased.
The Knight Industries 3000 was a Mustang that had been modified to be used by the second Michael Knight, Mike Traceur. Like Kitt.
"Um, no, it was decommissioned four years ago after the 'malfunction.'"I said
" Then why did you call me?" he said.
" I'm looking for the '2000'" I said
The phone went silent.
"Come to my house tomorrow, I have something I need to show you," he said, then hung up the phone quickly
A few minutes later I got a text that had an address in it, from Michael. Why is it that easy? Had Michael kept Kitt this whole time? I pondered over that for a second. Is that even possible?
That night, before I went to bed, I watched an old episode of Knight Rider specifically, Junkyard Dog. As I watched I paid deep attention to what Kitt had said. I thought maybe he would've hinted at where he was if he was even still one piece that was. It's hard to think about Kitt getting destroyed. I know there was an episode where the molecular bonded shell that protected him, failed and he was destroyed. But he was rebuilt and reinforced. Then I turned off the TV. Kitt seems like he is such a lovable person,  well car. Why would anybody want to destroy him? Poor Kitt.
I then proceeded to go to bed. I couldn't sleep, my mind was racing with thoughts of Micheal and Kitt. There was no way Micheal still had Kitt, if he did, wouldn't F.L.A.G. Still have him? I puzzled over that for what felt like an eternity.

The next morning, I woke up very excited. I was finally going to meet Michael Knight, the original, Micheal Knight. I was also kind of scared. What if he wasn't who I thought he was?
I changed into some clothes, ate some breakfast, then hit the road to Chicago.
My Tesla had charged all night, so there was no need for pit stops.  The road was essentially a straight line to Chicago. It wasn't long before I got there, it took about an hour.
I approached the address he had given me. The house wrapped around several acres of land. The garden in front of it dazzled with gorgeous flowers, cosmos, marigolds, petunias, name it and it was there.  The grass was greener than any other grass I'd seen. This place is very well cared for.
I pulled up to the driveway, there was one of those fancy gates that have an intercom.
I rolled down my window and a voice came from the little black box.
"Who is it?" the voice said.
"My name is Susan Barstow," I said.
The gate opened automatically, almost like it was magic.
A tall man stood outside the front door. He signaled a place for me to park,
As I got out of my car, he walked over to me and greeted me.
"I'm Micheal Knight, I'm sorry for inviting you over so fast, I just was eager that I had a chance to meet one of the new kids from the Foundation." He said and reached out a hand to shake mine.
"Don't worry about it, I was hoping I'd get to meet you one day or another," I said as I shook his hand. He smiled at me.
"Let me show you around, Susan." He said.
He walked me around the front yard first and introduced me to his gardener, Nathaniel. He showed me the backyard as well. There was a large pool that glistened like a diamond in the sun. It had to be 30 ft by 10ft, I cannot express how big it was enough. He also had a small amount of flat land, that I assume was used for his grandkids to play in, which would explain all of the toys laying around. He took me inside through the back porch entrance, which by itself was quite grand. The first thing I saw when I looked into the house was the giant living room, it had bookcases so tall they nearly touched the ceiling. The ginormous chandelier looked like it was carved out of diamonds, and even the furniture looked like it was taken straight out of Buckingham Palace.  He walked me to the kitchen that was connected to the living room. The counters were made out of the finest marble, and every cabinet and cupboard had carvings that seemed like they were done by a God. There was a small room that led out of the Kitchen and into the main entrance, there was a grand piano sitting right by the window next to the door, and on the other side of the door, there was a small game room with vintage arcade machines. He took me upstairs and showed me the bedrooms and his office. He stopped when we got into the office and signed into his computer.
He opened his e-mail and showed it to me.
"I got this a few weeks ago, it's some sort of digital diary." He then flipped the computer screen around to show me. I looked at who it was sent by, but there was no email address, it just said "Knight Industries 2000"
I gasped and took a step back.
"How would he- How could he-" I stuttered.
"It gets worse." He said.
He showed me the date it was sent.
April 5th, 1986.
I was shaken to my core.
"I just don't understand how this was even possible," He said.
"He is one hell of a smart car," I said. I thought I had said it quieter, but Micheal heard it.
"You can say that again," Micheal said.
"You wouldn't happen to still have your com-link... Would you?" I said. The thought hit me unexpectedly, but it was a good one.
Micheal looked around in some of the drawers, and then pulled out a wooden box.
He opened it and inside was the little black wristwatch.
"I don't think it works anymore." He said and handed it to me.
I remember seeing how it worked, it's just like a walkie-talkie.
I held down the one button, then talked into it.
"Hello? Is anyone there?" I said.
There was just static from the other ends.
"See what I mean, every time I use it the same thing happens, static," He said.
"I don't think it's broken if it were, there would be no feedback," I said.
Just then through the static, I heard footsteps.
I picked up the wristwatch again.
"Who is there?" I said.
It was two men.
"Did that car just talk?" One said. 
"No way, it's been powered off," said the other.
"I did in fact, and I demand to know where I am!" I said, acting like I was Kitt. Micheal stood next to me, dumbfounded.
"Okay okay, you're in a storage unit owned by the Foundation for Law and Government." one said, in fear.
"Thank you, you two are spared," I said
"It's that easy..." Michael said.
"It just worked, didn't it?" I said.
"Well, looks like we're going to California," Micheal said.
"We're, Micheal, I never agreed to that," I said.
"You did the moment you said you were looking for Kitt." He said.
I rolled my eyes at him and left the room.
"Do you or do you not want to find Kitt?" He said
"I do, but I'm not ready to go to California," I said.
"Don't worry about it, I'll cover everything." He said.
Well, I guess I couldn't argue with that.
Micheal invited me to stay in his lovely guest room, then went off to call his private jet. Could you believe that? He has a whole private jet.