Chapter 14: The Knight's Sword

Karr sat next to me as Bowie stood tall in front of me. His arm was out in front of him, with a revolver in his hand. 
"I wasn't going to let this escalate into this.." He hissed.
"You liar! You're nothing but a spy sent from Berio electronics! How dare you!" I yelled back at him. His Trans-am sat quietly behind him, the black paint reflecting the sun in my eyes.
"Is that what you think?" He said ominously with a small chuckle.
"It's what I know! If you weren't a spy, you wouldn't have been asking me about Kitt!" I exclaimed.
"Well, now you know too much..." He said, cocking the gun.
I didn't dare say another word.
"You wouldn't want to kill her, there is a witness," Karr said, his deep voice seeming to shake the ground like thunder.
"Oh really, then I'll just have to take you too." He said, turning to his car, and pulling out what looked like a laser gun.
"Don't" Karr hissed.
It was too late, he fiddled with the weapon for a split second, then shot him in the scanner. He glitched and fizzed out for about 20 seconds, before finally shutting off, smoke seeping out from under his hood.
"You monster!" I yelled, as Karr sat, silent.
Then the revolver shot.
My alarm blared from my phone on the nightstand. My eyes opened slowly, but I didn't want to get out of bed.  I swatted at my phone, doing nothing but knocking it off. I groaned as my alarm continued to blare. I slipped out of bed and picked up my phone, and turned off the alarm. I Walked over to my closet and changed into something a little more formal, a purple sweater and jeans. I walked over to the kitchen and started a pot of coffee. I cleaned the dishes from yesterday's visitor and then got some cereal. As I ate I got a message from Kitt.
"I'll meet you at the parking lot of your apartment building, see you soon." He said.
I finished quickly and poured some coffee into my metal water bottle. I put some creamer and sugar in it, grabbed my jacket and phone, and headed down to the parking garage.
Kitt waited for me, parked right next to my Tesla. He was parked in a charging station, so I made sure I got him out of there before he got a ticket. As I slid into the car, he greeted me warmly.
"Good morning Susan!." He said cheerfully.
I drove him myself out of the parking garage, and to the foundation, which was only a few blocks away.
"You realize you parked in a charging spot, right?" I asked.
"What is a charging spot?" He responded.
"It's for electric vehicles, if there is a charger, the spot in front of it is reserved for electric vehicles" I explained.
"Are electric vehicles common now?" He asked,
"Yeah, my car is an electric vehicle," I answered.
"Is Tesla an entirely electric brand?" He questioned.
"Yup," I said as we pulled up to the foundation.  I didn't know where to park, so I messaged Dahlia.
"I've got him out front, what do you want me to do with him." I texted.
"I'm opening the garage door out back now, just pull him in the rear loading dock." She answered.
I drove Kitt out to the back of the building.
"Where are we going?" He asked.
"The loading dock, there is a storage area where Dahlia wants you," I answered.
"Isn't Dahlia your best friend?"
"Yes, but she is also my boss," I said.
The new Foundation building used to be a factory of some sort, we never used the loading dock, but now it is convenient.
I drove Kitt up the rampant parked him inside the building.
"Oh. My. Gosh." Dahlia said as she walked towards Kitt and me. Her blonde hair glistened like snow in winter under the fluorescent lights. Her glasses reflected the lights, making a small sparkle in her eyes. "Is that the actual one, or did you modify a Trans-Am?" She spoke again.
"I am 100% the original." He said confidently
"Oh my goodness! How did you find him, Susan?" She asked.
"I have my ways," I said.
"I'm sure you certainly do, just for this, I'm promoting you to my assistant." She said.
I wasn't quite sure what that meant, but I didn't quite mind. 
"If I may interject here, I would like to bring up what has been happening with Berio Electronics" Kitt interrupted.
"What's Berio Electronics?" Dahlia said.
"They are an enemy of the Foundation, I'm sure your Grandfather has told you about them," I said.
"He didn't, just tell me what it is." She said.
"Berio Electronics was founded by a former Foundation employee, Marco Berio, I don't quite remember what happened with him, but supposedly he didn't get what he wanted and quit the Foundaion and tried to eliminate it." Kitt explained.
"I do remember my Grandfather telling me this, didn't they try and kidnap you?" She asked Kitt.
"Yes," Kitt answered.
"Kitt, this is Dahlia Miles." I introduced.
Kitt sat silent for a moment.
"Was Devon your Grandfather?" He asked after a second.
"Indeed." She said, walking closer to the Trans-Am.
"Berio Electronics is back at it again," I said, interrupting their moment.
"What do you mean?" Dahlia asked.
"Just yesterday I was attacked by someone who was armed at that 50s-themed diner. Their reason was that they were looking for Kitt." I said.
"What can we do to help?" She asked.
"I also met someone who was named Bowie, I had invited him over to my house, where I found, he was also a Berio," I said.
"What did you do?" She asked, intrigued.
"I kicked him out, what else would I have done?"
"Do you still have his number?"
"Yup."
"We can track it." She said, looking confident.
"Or we can interrogate him and see if he is working for Berio electronics," I suggested.
"I hate to interrupt, however, but if Bowie was working for Berio electronics, why did he tell you his last name?" Kitt asked,
"Maybe he thought you didn't know their name," Dahlia said.
"That is why I said we should interrogate him first," I replied.
"That's smart, go ahead and invite him to the Foundation building, we'll have Sonia and Quincy take him to the interrogation room." She said.
"What if he wears a wire?" Kitt said.
"That won't make it past the metal detectors," Dahlia said.
"Who are Sonia and Quincy?" Kitt asked.
"Our security guards," I answered, pulling my phone out of my pocket.
"Go to your office and call him, just so if he tracks you it won't show that you're at the loading dock, but instead in the center of the building," Dahlia said.
"I will say, you guys seriously mean business," Kitt said.
"I guess we just don't get calls as frequently as we used to, before this, the last thing we were called to was a drunk guy making up scenarios," Dahlia said.
"So Knight Rider didn't work very well as advertising?" Kitt asked.
"It worked, in the 80s," Dahlia said.
"Isn't Knight Rider still going?" Kitt asked.
"It ended a long time ago, buddy," I said.