Chapter 12: A Knight's Way Home

I got out of the car as the other 2 arrived.
Micheal and my Grandmother joined me shortly after.
Karr was still in the garage, I didn't know why he was so content with Kitt and Micheal. If I was him, I wouldn't be, I would be very upset.
"So, now what?" Micheal asked.
"Well, I guess you guys will be on your way. Susan has to go to work tomorrow." My Grandmother said.
"I have to stop at your house first." I said to Micheal.
"Why?" He said
"Because my car is there." I said.
"That would make sense." He said, running his fingers through his hair.
"Well, who is taking who?" My Grandmother asked.
"We'll leave the 3000 and Karr here." I said as I got into the 2000's passenger side door.
We said our goodbyes to my Grandmother, Micheal got in the driver's seat and we were off.
"Micheal" Kitt said, breaking the awkward silence.
"Yes Kitt." He responded.
"You wouldn't happen to still have your com-link would you?" Kitt asked.
"I do, but it is at my house." He answered.
"Okay." Kitt said.
I let out a soft sigh. I didn't really want to go back to work tomorrow, even though I had to.
"You alright Susan?" Michael asked.
I looked up at him and said,"I guess I just don't want our journey to end."
I spent most of the ride gazing out the window. I was going to miss Kitt, both of them.
"You said you changed your mind on getting Kitt back to F.L.A.G. What did you mean by that?" He asked.
"Kitt belongs to you, his registration says your name." I said.
"But Susan, I think there is something that you are failing to understand. I may belong to Micheal, but I also belong to F.L.A.G. I enjoyed working there." Kitt reasoned.
"Do you, or do you not want to go back to F.L.A.G." I asked.
"May I go with you tomorrow, and decide then?" He responded.
"I don't see why you couldn't" I answered
I hadn't told anyone who worked with me at F.L.A.G. that I had recovered Kitt, It was an impulsive decision.
I pulled out my phone and texted Dahlia, not only was she my best friend, she was the new leader of F.L.A.G.
"Dahlia, you'll never believe what I did," I said t
"Don't tell me, you're texting Bo." Kitt said.
"I'm not," I replied.
"What did you do?" Dahlia responded.
"Then who are you texting" Kitt commented.
"Dahlia." I answered
"I don't know who either of those people are, so I'm not going to say anything." Micheal said.
"I found the Knight Industries 2000, and 3000." I texted Dahlia back.
"No you didn't," She responded.
"With him right now!" I said.
"Bring him in tomorrow!" She said,
"Susan." Kitt said.
"What?" I answered.
"Is Dahlia your boss?" He asked.
"Are you reading my texts?" I exclaimed
"Yes." He said.
"Don't do that!" I stated.
"Sorry, I wanted to make sure you weren't texting Bo." He said.
"Did you not trust me?" I questioned.
Kitt didn't respond. I decided to text Bo.
"Hey Bo, I was wondering, would you like to meet me at my apartment tonight." I texted.
"Susan." Kitt said, his tone sounded slightly annoyed.
"Shush" I said.
"Be nice to him." Micheal objected.
"I am nice to him, if it wasn't for me he wouldn't even be powered on right now, he would still be in that storage unit rotting away with the roaches." I said snarkily.
"Speaking of roaches." Micheal said as he shoved his hand in his pocket.
He pulled out a dead, dried roach, a big one too.
"Ewwwwwww! Get that away from me!" I shouted at him.
"Be nicer to Kitt next time." He said as he threw the roach on me.
I was beyond disturbed.
"GET IT OFF!" I screamed at him.
"Micheal, stop tormenting Susan." Kitt commented.
I felt Micheal take off the dried roach.
"You do that again, I will slap you so hard you will have a handprint imbedded in your face for the rest of your life." I threatened.
"Fine fine, it was just a joke." He said reluctantly.
We approached the large house just as I had done just a few days prior. It looked exactly the same. The flowers in the front were still flushed with beautiful life. My Tesla's white paint glistened as it sat right in front of the large garage doors.
"What about your Mercedes?" I asked as he opened the front gate with some sort of app on his phone.
"I hired someone to drive it back, so I didn't have to pay for airport parking." He answered as we pulled into the driveway.
"Susan, is this it?" Kitt asked as Micheal put the car in park.
"What do you mean?"
"Will I never see you again as a friend, just a coworker?" Kitt responded
"Is that how it was with Micheal?" I answered.
"Well no... but.."
"Then there is your answer." I said, cutting off Kitt.
I exited the car and unlocked my Tesla with the app on my phone.
"Susan, thank you." Micheal said as he stepped out of the car.
"For what?" I asked as I opened my Tesla's door.
"Helping me get Kitt back." He responded.
"You're welcome." I said, and then got in my car, closing the door behind me.
As I pulled out of his fancy driveway. I couldn't help but notice him sitting next to Kitt, waving. I felt sad, I didn't want to leave him, but it is what it is. As I drove to my apartment, the sun was setting gracefully in the distance, I hadn't even been paying attention to the time, it was 8:00 PM already. My car didn't have the vibrations as Kitt did when it drove, it was, for the most part, smooth and calm. I missed Kitt already, I missed Micheal.
When I got to my apartment, the sky had turned an orange color with the sunset.
I looked at my texts with Bo.
"I'd love to, Susan!" He had replied.
I texted him my apartment number and my building's address.
I sat down on my bed. The mattress was soft and light, exactly how I had left it. The bed was still made, the stuffed tiger I had since I was a baby laid in between two pillows. I laid all the way down, I hadn't realized how tired I was, I guess a whole day of driving and drama can do that to you. My watch buzzed, Kitt messaged me.
"Hey Susan, I thought it would be important to inform you, Bario Electronics has been a long-lasting enemy of the Foundation. Marco Bario, the owner, had once tried to corrupt me and use me to kill Micheal. I wouldn't be shocked if he makes an appearance again after all these years." He had said.
"Thanks Kitt." I responded.
"He must be bored," I thought to myself.
Think about it, Micheal may have just put him in park and forgotten about him.
I must have fallen asleep, because the next thing I know, I was awoken by a knock on the door.
I walked up to the door and answered it. It was Bo.
"Hi Susan." He said.
He was wearing the same flannel jacket he was when I met him earlier today, his hair was slightly dampened, so I thought he may have gotten a shower, or put some gel in it.
"Hi.. uh.. Bo?" I said. I didn't know if he wanted me to call him Bowie or Bo.
"You can call me Bo" He reassured, with a grin on his face. He pulled out a bouquet of roses from behind his back. "I got these for you, I saw them at the store and they reminded me of you."
"You didn't have to." I said, taking the gorgeous flowers from him.
He let out a soft chuckle. "I didn't you're right, but I wanted to." He said.
"Why don't you come in?" I invited him.