𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎

"𝐏𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐟𝐥𝐲𝐞𝐫!" 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐬 you entered your Medical Science class. Out of curiosity, you took one, only to frown when your eyes landed on the blue flyer.

Winter Formal!

Snowflakes and blue and white glitter adorned the page that held the dates underneath the large white letters. You chuckled dryly as you shoved it into your bag.
"Something funny?" Reo asked, two flyers in his hand, and he and Nagi sat with you. Reo handed Nagi his handout, which he hardly glanced at before shoving it in his bag as well.
"Nope," you said as you took out your laptop.
"What? Salty 'cause you don't have a date?" The male teased, and you mocked his laughter.
"Relieved that I don't have a date so I can stay home," you corrected. "But where's your date, Reo?" Reo chuckled confidently as he motioned to a group of girls trying to subtly sneak glances at him as they giggled and whispered.
"I can have anyone I want," he boasted. He waved at them, making them all swoon and wave back before he turned to face you, frowning when he saw you weren't even looking at him as you typed your password into your computer.
"Yeah, you have fun with that," you said as you opened the doc containing your paper.

"Are you gonna be at the game, Y/n?" Nagi asked suddenly, making you look up from your work.
"Of course I am. I'm the manager," you said. "But if you make a fool of yourself, Imma ditch the next game." Nagi seemed satisfied with your answer before taking out his laptop and opening his work.

"Speaking of the game, Ego wanted me to meet with you and the other starters and tell them the information I gathered about the team you're playing," you said to Reo, who looked up from his computer.
"He has you gathering info too?" He asked in disbelief, and you let out an exhausted sigh as you remembered the sleepless night of taking notes on their players and playing styles.
"He has me doing everything."

The bell rang as you grabbed your lunch box from your locker, you heard the footsteps of students rushing by you as you prepared to head toward the roof. A flash of familiar red breezed by you, and you looked up to see Chigiri walking in the direction of the library.
"Hey, Chigiri!" You called, and he turned to look at you. You quickly gathered your things before rushing to catch up to him.
"Sorry for the late notice, but I need to finish up an assignment with Bachira, so I won't be able to make it to our tutoring session."
"With Bachira?" The redhead repeated, saying the name as if it left a bad taste in his mouth.
"Yeah, he kinda distracted me when I was trying to work. Luckily, the teacher gives us until the end of the next day to complete assignments you didn't finish in class, and I won't be able to finish it after school since we have a game today." Chigiri frowned sympathetically.
"You shouldn't let him distract you," he warned. "Bachira doesn't care about his grades. If you actually want to get something done, you should probably work with someone else or by yourself."

Or with him.

You chuckled sheepishly as you lowered your head.
"Yeah, I'm starting to realize that," you admitted. "Same time tomorrow?" Chigiri watched with a scowl as you rushed off towards the stairs to the roof, thoughts racing a mile a minute.

I never got to apologize...Is she still angry at me because of yesterday? Is it because I'm injured? Am I not good enough? I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry...

"You made it!" A refreshing breeze went through your hair the moment you opened the door, and you were met with the usual smile of the Burnette who had been waiting patiently for you. Of course, he was sitting on the floor against the railing that kept students from accidentally falling over the edge, and you decided to take your seat across from him.
"Well, yeah, I need a good grade." You handed him your shared paper.
"Get to work."
"Nu-uh, this is a partner's project," he protested, and you replied with a nonchalant shrug and took out your lunch. "Yep, and I already fully compared the two passages. Now it's your turn to contrast." You took a few bites before noticing his hesitance. "If you don't do it, I'll tell Ego that your injury is worse and that you shouldn't play."
"Now that's cruel, Y/n," Bachira pouted as he took out his pencil, beginning to write any differences he could remember, hoping he could finish it without having to reread the passages.
"So is partnering with me just to make me do all the work," you countered before a sudden thought came to mind.