𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓

"𝐀𝐥𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭, 𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐬, 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐩𝐬 𝐨𝐟 three before I explain your next project." You leaned back in your chair and groaned quietly.

I'll just sit and wait to see which groups have people left, you thought. Or if you got lucky, you'd be the odd one out and get to do whatever project your Medical Science teacher was about to give you by yourself. You closed your eyes, hoping that those around you would think you were asleep and find more reason to leave you alone.

"Hey, new girl." You looked up to see a purple-haired male standing over you. Instead of responding, you closed your eyes.
"That's not my name," you said, and the male clicked his teeth.
"Y/ n, right?"

Damn.

You opened your eyes again.
"What is it?"
"Well, me and my friend over there..." He motioned to a white-haired boy who had his head lying on his desk asleep. "... Are looking for a partner, and since it was either you or Zantetsu, I decided to go with the smarter choice...Literally." You had heard a bit of Zantetsu talk whenever he was called on in class, and it didn't take you long to conclude that he was dumb as fuck. Still, you raised a brow suspiciously.

"What makes you think I'm any smarter than him?" You challenged only for him to shrug.
"It's not harder to be smarter than Zantetsu," he countered. "Come on, it's not like you have any other offers. Plus, this could be your chance to make some new friends or something."
"Actually, I'd rather just do this assignment alo-"
"That's so nice of you, Reo!" The high-pitched voice of your teacher cut you off "Going out of your way to make friends with someone new!" She smiled as she wrote something on the board.

Y/n L/n, Mikage Reo, Seishiro Nagi

"Alright, you'll be group one," she said, walking away before you could protest. You side-eyed Reo, who smiled in return.
"Nice to meet you." Your project was to write about different mental disorders because being a doctor or working in the medical field isn't always about what's on the outside, but on the inside as well, or at least that's what your teacher said. You had no idea why this required a group, and you were left to wonder as Reo shook Nagi awake.
"Come on, Nagi, you have to wake up." The male in question groaned as he reluctantly sat up, seemingly about to complain until he noticed you.
"I thought we were gonna partner with Zantetsu," he said to Reo.
"I mean, you can partner with him if you want to, but if we do again, our grades are going to drop even more and we won't be able to play," Reo said. "Besides, she looked so lonely, I couldn't help but ask her."

This bitch...

Before you could correct him, Nagi turned to you, eyes blank as the two of you held eye contact for an awkwardly long time.
"No, she can stay." You didn't know if you should or shouldn't thank him, but before you could say the first sarcastic comment that came to mind, he spoke again. "I like her. She's pretty." Your face heated up at his words.
"Nagi, it's rude to talk about people like they're not here," Reo scolded him before looking at his phone. He sighed.
"Class is about to end," he told you. "New gir- I mean, Y/n. Lemme see your phone." As a thank you for calling you by your name, you unlocked your phone and handed it to him, watching as he entered his contact information.
"We'll have to meet up outside to start working on it so we don't fall behind. I'll text you later, alright?" You nodded as the bell rang and you walked over to your desk to grab your things and leave.

Lunch had to be your favorite time of day. While other students would leave to get lunch, you'd walk home and eat or take a nap. Isagi offered you a seat at his table, where he sat with the rest of the soccer team, but you weren't too fond of the idea of ​​sitting with a bunch of boys you didn't know. And you secretly enjoyed your afternoon nap.