𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔

𝐈𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐨 𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐲 𝐭𝐫𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 everything you could, you were sure you would've been in awe of the sight before you. Everyone was so fast and strong. You could see the reason why the select few were in Ego's group, because they all had something special about them, so much that you struggled to focus on just one person. You tried to take mental notes as well as some on paper, trying to remember what you could about their talents, starting with the ones you knew least and ending with the ones you knew better.

Bachira was quick and could dribble really well to confuse his opponent.

Nagi had excellent ball control and seemed to be able to shoot from impossible areas.

"That's strange," Ego muttered. "Normally it takes about half a game for him to get going. Looks like somethings got him riled up today."

Reo was a good guard, seemed to be in sync with Nagi, and sent him great passes.

You weren't sure what Isagi was good at specifically. He just seemed to be an all-around player and possibly the best of them all. He brought out the competitiveness in all of them, and it looked like whenever he scored a goal, it motivated the rest to score as well.

Or at least most of them.

What confused you was that Chigiri, despite being on the top team, didn't really do much.

"Hey, Ego?" He hummed in response to you, not taking his eyes off the game.
"That red-haired guy, Chigiri. What's up with him?" Ego briefly glanced at Chigiri to see him receive a pass, only to quickly kick it to someone else, and let out an annoyed sigh.
"He sustained a pretty rough ACL tear at the beginning of last season. It should be in its final stages of healing, but he seems pretty hesitant about getting back into it. I'm trying to give him time, but if he doesn't use his weapon soon, I'll have no choice but to let someone else take his spot." You stared at Chigiri somewhat sadly. If he was on the top team, he had to be good. It'd be a shame if he lost his spot, not because of an injury, but fear of another.
"Is there anything I can do to help?" You asked without thinking and Ego finally glanced at you.
"As a manager, you'll already be in charge of taping and dealing with minor injuries," he said. "But if you think you're capable, I'll have the trainer teach you how to help him with his physical therapy, just in case."

After that, you continued watching the game. You were sure it would've lasted forever if it weren't for Ego blowing his whistle, which finally made you realize that the sun was beginning to set and it was past time for practice to end.

"Today should've been productive for everyone if nothing else," he said. "Same time tomorrow."
"Yes, sir!" As the group packed up, you looked over the notes you had taken about everyone and the work Ego had assigned you. It seemed like more of a test, rather than anything the team would need.

No matter. You'd complete it no matter what it was.

 You'd complete it no matter what it was