Chapter 16

----

"I can feel the blood rushing to my head," Rose groans, refusing the look down, "I'm going to faint."

"Stop being so dramatic," Newt scoffs. The dark haired girl squirms as the ropes around her ankles scratch against her skin. Her curly hair that normally covered her eyes, fell down towards the ground that was very far away.

"Well, great plan, Thomas," Minho scoffs, letting his arm fall down past his head, "'Just wanna hear what the man says'. Really working out for us."

"Oh, shut up, Minho," Thomas groans, "Maybe I can reach the rope."

The boy tries to lift himself up but falls back dramatically with a grunt.

"Enjoying the view?" Jorge grins entering the room.

"You know what, being 100 ft off the ground isn't really my taste, asshole," Rose spits.

"What the hell do you want?" Thomas glares.

"That is the question," Jorge responds obviously amused, "My men want to sell you back to WICKED."

"So what's stopping you?" Rose asks.

"Life has taught them to think small," Jorge answers, "I'm not like that. Something tells me that you're not either."

"Is the blood rushing to my head or is this shank not making any sense?" Minho interrupts. 

"Tell me what you know about the Right Arm," Jorge orders, hand placed on a lever beside him.

"I thought you said they were ghosts," Newt's eyebrows furrow in confusion.

"I happen to believe in ghosts. Especially when I hear them chattering in the airways. You tell me what you know and maybe we can make a deal," Jorge shrugs as if there weren't seven kids suspended fair above the ground in front of him.

"We don't know much," Thomas answers truthfully but it wasn't enough for Jorge. The man pulls on the lever and the gladers fall slightly. Their screams echo around the room.

"Okay, okay, all right!" Thomas shouts.

"Holy shit," Rose mutters, "I'm going to be sick."

"They're hiding in the mountains!" Thomas tells him, "And they attacked WICKED. They got a bunch of kids. That's it. That's all we know!"

Jorge's mouth opens to respond but is interrupted by a man, "Hey, Jorge. What's going on?"

"Me and my new friends are just getting acquainted," Jorge answers, "We're done now."

"Hey wait," Thomas interrupts, "You're not going to help us?"

"Don't worry, hermano," Jorge says, ignoring the man's confused look from beside him, "We'll get you back where you belong. Hang tight!"

----

Rose watches with a large smile on her face as the others attempt to push each other around. Teresa nearly grabs the lever but her hand scrapes across the handle and she falls back.

"Ah!" Minho shouts in anger and the rest groan.

"This is really entertaining," Rose laughs.

"So your not going to help?" Thomas glares.

"Nah, I'll just hang here... get it? Hang here," Rose elaborates earning nothing but pity laughs, "God, you guys are boring."

After another few failed attempts, Teresa finally is able to grab the lever. She pulls it down, sending the rest of them down a few feet and she unties herself from the rope.