My wolf was howling at the beckoning call of our mate's scent, but we dared not move closer to him.

"Why are you the only one standing?" I heard that deep and husky voice of his as he spoke, and my heart really skipped a beat. His voice was doing magic on me.

"I ordered her to. She is my slave." Scarlett shot in, her voice filled with pure jealousy and anger, and I could also hear her breathing heavily.

"Whatever..." He gave a dismissive wave at her and didn't even spare me another glance before turning back to the other students. It was just as if he had entirely forgotten about me. His expression gave no indication that he had ever met me before, let alone that I was his mate.

He cleared his throat and began his introduction in a cool and gentle tone, acting so normal like every other teacher. I could swear no one would believe he was a Lycan with that attitude. 

He told everyone his name was Jaden instead of Dracula, which I knew him as, and my eyebrows furrowed as I wondered why he changed his name—not as if anyone knew who he really was, except for the proprietor, who must have known before now.

"My first lesson starts after break, and it will be the last lecture before closure. I don't tolerate nonsense, please. Help me by keeping quiet and listening while I do my job and get the fuck out of here!" 

Everyone gasped in shock, hearing him use the cuss words, and there was more surprise to see the proprietor all calm as if he were deaf to it. 

"Sir, I have a question!" Scarlett abruptly chipped in, a grimace of annoyance all over her face. Dracula stared at her for a few seconds before shaking his head dismissively.

"Keep that till I start my lecture. I am not your teacher yet!" He told her bluntly, then looked away, and I saw her cheeks flushed red with shame and exasperation as she gritted her teeth and glared at him. I just wondered what she really wanted to ask.

My legs were aching from standing for a long time, especially when I was getting a real stomach ache from hunger. I just wanted to try my luck without much hope, and since Dracula was the only teacher no one could disobey, I decided to use that opportunity.

"Sir, please, I have a request!" My voice broke in, just as he was about to leave. Everywhere had been silent, and as the students heard me talk, they were both angry and surprised. I guessed I was the last person they expected to talk to the new special history teacher.

"Were you deaf when he said all questions should wait until he started his lecture? And who says slaves are allowed to speak in class when not spoken to!" A girl sitting on the desk beside Scarlett yelled at me immediately, and the students snickered.

"I need to train my slave to be more subjective!" Scarlett grunted, sneering at me as I received a laugh of mockery from almost all the students, especially the females, who had suddenly hated me more than everyone else for a reason I just couldn't explain.

I ignored them, and my gaze was on Dracula, who had paused his pace over my voice. He waited for like a minute before turning to me; His brows narrowed as he squinted at me.

"I am sorry for her disobedience, sir, and I will punish and discipline her immediately." The proprietor quickly jumped in as he saw the annoyance on his face. I was also scared at that moment, but what he said next left everyone stunned and taken aback.

"When did I say she offended me? Why do you want to punish her?" He huffed at the proprietor, who quickly bowed and apologized.

"What request do you have?" Dracula demanded, pulling his gaze to me, and I was so excited that for a few seconds I couldn't talk. All eyes were darting from him to me, and pure and distinct envy and jealousy kept engulfing and glinting from them, but who cares? If only they knew that this special man here is actually my mate.

"Could you please issue an order allowing me to sit? I have been standing since I...."

"Give her a desk, and she is never allowed to stand while others sit!" I couldn't finish talking before he gave the order to the proprietor instantly, and I almost ran and jumped on him in a hug. My eyes got wet immediately, and I felt a wave of joy inside me that forced me to scream in glee.

"Thank you very much!" I burst out, but he didn't even stay any longer before dashing out like the wind. 

"What just happened?!"

"How?"

"Is this a joke?"

There were murmurs everywhere as I sat down at the only empty desk in the room, which should have been mine. It was in the first row. The chairs were arranged in three lines on each side, with three rows, so my chair was in the middle of the left first row. 

It was a big relief as I eased my legs and sat comfortably on the cozy chair, which was made with foam to give a more comforting feeling. A little glance at Scarlett and I could see she was fuming and red. It remained a little before smoke would actually puffed out of her ears.

The female students were just so mad with jealousy.

"We have no right to question him. I will be leaving!" The school proprietor rounded up and gave me a queer look, which showed how confused she was.

"Who is he?!" One of the big bad boys in the back seats growled, slamming his desk.

"Yes! Who is he that you're shivering like a baby in front of him!" Another guy sitting beside him, added.

"Yes! Why the hell can't we question a common teacher! We can't even disobey him. What the fuck is going on!" Another screamed, and I couldn't look back for fear of meeting their enraged gaze. Without much thinking, I knew they would be the popular bullies, so I really have to stay away from them.

"I will explain better soon, but just know he is part of the owner of this school!" The man sighed, and Scarlett and I were the only ones who knew he was lying.

"And how haven't we heard anything about some Jaden who owned this school?! Wasn't it the Alphas who gathered and..."

"He lent them a very huge amount of money to complete this project, and because he loved teaching, he decided to be a teacher here. "Just respect him, nothing else!" He snapped and hastily walked away as if he were being chased. 

Just then, the school bell rang for break period, and those boys and some girls came for me.