20. 𝕸𝖎𝖝𝖊𝖉 𝕱𝖊𝖊𝖑𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘.

Start from the beginning

" I will go and meet Tanaya bhabhi real quick." I told them but Mumma stopped me.

" She and Mahir have already gone to bed for a while but don't worry, they will wake up soon. Baby will want milk. Then you can go and meet them." She said making me sit for dinner.

She had cooked peas with potatoes, something I absolutely loathe so I just had one chapatti and stuffed my mouth with Gajar ka Halwa later which I absolutely love and she had made that too!

" How is your college going on?" Papa asked as we made our way to the living room again, this time finally deciding to start Chak De! India which we couldn't the other day because Tanaya bhabhi's water had broke.

" It's going." I vaguely replied which earned me a nice glare from him.

" It's going good. My internals are starting after Holi." I told him the truth which I had been hiding from him to go on this vacation.

" Siya your internals are starting in four days and you are coming back from Ranthambore?" His voice had grown a bit stern and I sighed.

" See, this is why I was not telling you. You wouldn't have let me go!" I exclaimed, throwing my hands up in the air.

" Vineet please, you know our daughter, she will score good marks. Stop getting angry on her." Mumma came to my defence and I grinned. Always the saviour when papa starts taking my class for studies. (A/N - I wish my mumma could do this too. Instead, she complains even more to Papa ://)

After her intervention, the topic subdued slowly as the movie started to play and we were all engrossed there for the next two and a half hours.

" Why do we keep doing this is ourselves?" Bhabhi asked standing up after the movie. It was almost 2 at the night and I agreed. Kritik had slept at 11 before we started the movie so we had no pressure to look at the time.

" I have work tomorrow unlike you all." Papa taunted us. Rohit bhai and cockroach looked revolted and I snickered at their expressions.

" Actual work." Papa again roasted them both in one second and I did not stop myself from laughing this time.

" I love you so much Papa." I said in between my laughs, pointing at the expressions of my two brothers.

Hearing this commotion, Tanaya bhabhi had made her way downstairs with baby Mahir who was wide awake.

" What is going on here?" She asked with a smile on her lips. She must have heard us laughing like maniacs.

" Siya is loosing her brains at 2 AM." Cockroach said with humiliation still lingering in her voice as Mumma hit his head.

" Off to bed now everyone. Enough of this." Papa demanded and we all agreed like the obedient kids we were and went to our rooms.

I swear I made my way to the bed, switched the lights off and kept my phone aside but even after an hour, I couldn't fall asleep.

" There is absolutely no point of this." I talked to myself before getting up and walking out of the room and climbed up to the terrace which was already open.

I knew my brothers weren't asleep either.

" Hello kids." I announced myself to them as they were standing up the railing. I went to stand next to them.

" Why are you still up?" Rohit bhai asked.

" I dunno. Maybe because I slept for so long in the car." I replied and they nodded before I asked them the same question.

" Why are you both up?" I asked them suspiciously.

" We have a meeting with some investors from the US in about half an hour. Just waiting for that." Cockroach told me.