Part 32- The misunderstanding.

Chapter Thirty-two

"Can you two please leave us alone?" The old Justin is back and I don't know what triggered it. He commands Christine and Sophie.

"Justin, is everything ok...."

"Please leave us!" He yells startling Sophie.

"Hey! You don't get to talk to my friends like that." I yell back. My anger is rising so much. Christine squeezes my shoulder, gesturing me to be calm before heading out with Sophie.

"Where's this attitude coming from?" I fold my arms and lean on my left leg. He runs his hand through his hair and exhales. That's when it hit me.

"Have you been drinking? Are you crazy? You drove all the way here drunk?"

"I remember telling you I was scared. I was scared you'd love me only for my money once you find out about R&E. And you made my fears come through. You've just hit me where it hurts the most." I move a step closer to him but he draws back. I'm still confused. I don't get what he's trying to say.

"I fucking proposed to you, and you told my mom to give you all our assets and you'll leave me? Do I mean that little to you." He throws the TV remote and it hits the wall breaking. I shudder. I fall out of words to even explain what happened. He takes out his phone and plays an audio. It has the part where I said those things. Of course! What was I expecting? She'd never let him hear the rest of the conversation.

"Let me explain."

"Explain what? The fact that you used me just like all the girls out there?"

"No! The fact that you didn't hear the whole conversation." I walk over to the kitchen and take a bottle of water from the fridge. I make him sit on the sofa and hand it over to him. We sit in silence for a while. I love the fact that, despite being so angry, he managed to not say anything he'd regret. I knew all that calmness earlier at the dinner was fake. I had already prepared myself before she cornered me. I fish out my phone which has miraculously hidden itself under the couch.

After making him listen to the whole conversation that transpired between his mother and me, he's sitting quietly. His head is stuck on the ground looking down at the tiled floor. I have a 99.9% IQ for a reason. I had set my phone on recording immediately Julia asked me to pull my chair closer. I don't know why I had done that but I knew my gut feelings would never lead me astray. We're not watching an Indian series where the girl will be blackmailed by her mother in law. And she'll agree and break the boy's heart. Hello? We're in the 21st century where modernization is intense so there's no room for stupidity.

"I told you before and I'll tell you again. I'll never leave you." I kneel before him and cup his face in my palm. "I'll rather break you, than break us." He laughs. Clearly I don't even make sense.

"If you wouldn't break us, then there's no breaking me, right?" He doesn't raise his head but his eyes balls rolls up and stare at me.

"Exactly!" I get up from the center table. "But you." I point a finger at him. " Need to get your sorry ass off my couch and leave my apartment." He gets up from the couch and gapes at me. I push him towards the door and open the door for him.

"You had no right to budge into my apartment like that, and that too in a drunken state. That's number one!" I begin to count my fingers . " Number two, you had no right to talk to my friends like that. You scared Sophie. She's my baby doll. So go and apologize to them. And lastly, that awful kiss you gave, still hurts." He's smiling ear to ear. He thinks I'm joking until I snatch the spare keys I had given him from his hand. Frankly speaking, I'm hurt by his distrust and how he had budge into my apartment. He scared the hell out of my friends and I. I don't say much but I'm sure he has noticed that I'm not joking. He can clearly read the hurt in my eyes. I slam the door shut on his face.