Part 23- Reconciliations.

Chapter Twenty-three

If someone had ever prophesied to me about this day, I'd have totally ridiculed them. Me? Having a relationship drama? Never! But here I am, staring straight into this man's eyes, hoping he doesn't throw me out of his life for good.

"I can screw whoever I want and that shouldn't be a problem to you. You've never valued what we had anyway."

"You're an asshole."screw those downstairs! He needs to know what he is.

"And you're a bratty bitch who can't get over herself." He retorts. I don't plan on leaving because it seems he's not done.

"I had to risk my life twice to save you. But what did you do? You didn't miss the first opportunity you had to run into Brian's arms. Do you love him that much that you had to go out for him despite knowing your life might be in danger?" He scowls at me in a high pitched voice.

"I can't believe I stayed out there in the sun for almost an hour for of this!" I shove him aside and settle on the bed.

"You!" I point out a finger at him. "are behaving like a baby in diapers." He ignores me and pull a shirt over his head. He walks into his closet and comes out wearing a black jeans.

"I'm so sorry for making you feel like you don't matter to me."I begin playing with the end of my dress. " I'm just not  used to expressing my emotions or how I feel. You're more important to me than I make it seem. These past two days have been hell without you." He's leaning by the door to his walk in closet and I can feel his gaze on me with those  brown hooded eyes of his. I get up boldly and wrap my arms around his neck.

" Trust me, if I knew those rascals were still keeping tabs on us, I'd not have gone to see Brian. Why would you even think I like Brian?" I move away from him and begin to chuckle.

"That dude has had  a thing for me for the longest time. If I liked him, you wouldn't have come to meet me single." I add the final touch to my apology and  he grins. He moves from the door and kneels before me, cupping my face in his hands.

"I don't want you to ever doubt your place in my life. I'd never."he repeats the never for emphasis. " replace you with anyone, much less Laura." He smiles contemptuously. "She's nothing like you." After flattering me, he kisses me softly on the lips. It's like a  kiss of assurance . Assuring me of his undying affection for me. Telling me that I should never doubt how he feels about me. I kiss him back slowly with my hands passing through his wet hair. I'm wearing a fitting thigh length dress so it makes it easy for his hands to slip under. I smile against his kisses.

Sophie's eyes are glued to her phone despite having us around. The tension between Christine and her is suffocating me. I refuse to be the third party in their unreasonable bickering. I snatch the phone from her and tuck it inside my bra. She better come get it there.

"Okay, fine! I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that to you." Christine, always the reasonable one. She apologizes even before I tell her to.

"I'm glad you know!"

"Sophie?" I scold with a stare.

"I'm happy that happened though, because 'missy' decided to get her man back." Christine Jokes poking me in the stomach. Finally the tension is lifted. I can now ambush Christine, she owes me an explanation. I squint my eyes on her.

"Hmm!" She sighs and continues.

"Yes. I'm going out with Jeremiah. We're nothing serious yet."

"And who's Jeremiah?" Sophie asks while struggling with me to get her phone.

"He's Justin's younger brother." Sophie gasps. She settles back in the arm chair after successfully sneaking her hands in my bra to get her phone.

"No freaking way!" She exclaims.

"So did you know he was Justin's brother before hooking up with him?" I ask with a scrunched face.

"No I didn't! It was after I saw you at the gate that I connected the dots." She explains.

"How smart of you!"I say sarcastically.

"You guys are gross. Dating the Rhode brothers?" Sophie sticks out her tongue in disgust.

"Shut up!" Both Christine and I say it together. We fish out details about how they met and she gladly tells us. They had met at a carnival. If I didn't tell you, Christine is obsessed with Carnivals. If she's not at one, then probably she doesn't know about it. She forced us to attend one or two with her but we dropped out after that. It was so tiring. There were so many people walking and bumping into you. My feet ached from so much walking. After that experience, Sophie and I vowed never to let her get us to one of those, ever again. According to Christine, She got into a fight with him for bumping into her and not saying sorry. The guy was in so much of a hurry that he didn't even turn back to apologize. But knowing Christine, she had confronted him and yelled her lungs out at him. He had then apologized and explained that he was looking for his sister so she offered to help him. It made sense that he was looking for Ariana. She's fond of such things and it came as no surprise to me when I heard they never found her. I guess that was  two weeks before we saw Christine standing outside with him.

Whatever Sophie has shown us, is sending shivers down our spine right now.

"Phoenix browser always spreads false news. It could be false!" I say trying to reassure my friends.

"No! It's true. TV5 just posted it on their website." Oh! No! This is in no way happening! Is this Brian's way of 'fixing' the issue? By burning down the place? I don't know why I'm thinking like that. It could be the drug Mafias. But why would they do that? They need that place urgently to run their illegal businesses, so why'd they suddenly throw it under the bus? There're so many questions running through my head but right now, we need to see it!