Part 10

Chapter Ten

There's nothing much I can do and before I know it I'm overthinking which is so unlike me. I suddenly feel a wave of sadness knock me off my feet. The regret  I have is as big as the ego of the douche bag downstairs. I should never have joined James in his crazy introduction adventure. I don't know what I was thinking when I agreed to meet his family. What was I meeting them as ? His girlfriend? Which I'm not or his friend or even daughter ? How could i have been so stupid and naïve. The man has clearly told me his wife's accusing him of cheating and I walked into his house with the aim of being introduced as what? I'm in one of the bedrooms and my overthinking is giving me a splitting headache. I walk languidly downstairs. I steal a glance in the direction of the living room and I'm surprised when I don't find him there. I'm relived at the same time because I don't have to deal with him. I cringe when I see him shirtless sitting on a stool in front of the kitchen island. He's back is facing me so he doesn't see me staring. It's a good thing because I'm about have a heart attack. He has the height and weight of Justin Bieber but he's more muscular and muscled than he is. It's not a surprise that they're all called Justin but It's a pity because I don't want to his Hailey.

" I don't think I like the fact that you're shirtless. There's a lady in the house and we're not a couple so kindly cover up." I fake annoyance. I take a seat opposite him at the Kitchen island.

" a lady?" He scoffs and pours himself a glass of wine. I get up and take a glass for myself ignoring his rude remark.

" I already have a headache so for once stop being a jerk to me" I snap at him.

" how can I stop being a jerk to you when you're hoeing around with my father." This is as far as I can take his disrespect. I've already gulped enough wine down my throat so I have enough bravery in me to throw him in hell. I'm so angry that I don't even think about my next action, before I know it, I've thrown the little red wine in the glass all over his face. Well! He deserves it. I jump off the stool and tell him what I should have told him and everyone else a long time ago.

" I am not your father's mistress." he rolls his eyes. Of course I don't expect him to believe me right away. He gets up, picking a napkin in one of kitchen drawers and wipes his face and body.

" I'm so tired of the constant hostile treatment I'm getting from everyone. I take a taxi and they're judging me, I walk down the street and people are sneering and snickering at me." My eyes sting with tears. And for the first time, I can't read the expression on his face. I'm being an emotional wreck and that is not who I am. The last thing I want is to see myself go back to being  'mica' . I don't ever want to go there again. I roll my eye balls up to prevent any tears from falling and rush into the bedroom which I can't call mine. He still had that expression on his face when I left him a while ago. Tears refuses to run down my cheeks when I get to the bedroom. I pick my phone to call my best friends but the signal is still out. What's with these useless emotions? I miss my friends. All I need right now is a tight hug.