Part 3

Chapter Three

     "What's up James ?"

      " The usual"

       "Coming up!" I say with a smile. In no minute I walk over to him with a bottle of Whisky and a glass. I settle beside him and we begin to talk. Apparently, he's having issues at home so he comes to Black Alley to poor out his sorrow on Alcohol. Unfortunately I have a double shift so I can't talk to James much longer. He's a sad man almost at the stage of a divorce because his wife is accusing him of cheating. He says his wife has his children brainwashed and they all hate him. Feeling sorry for him is inevitable . He's a nice man. James doesn't look down on girls like us who spend our night waitressing at a night club instead of sleeping. He tips me more and sometimes pay more than he's suppose to for the services of the strippers. He understands that I have a double shift so he gives me my tip for the night and wave me a goodbye.

   The night goes by really quickly and before I realized it's seven in the morning. I stretch wearily and stare sheepishly at Brian. I hope he gets what my look is trying to tell him. He shakes his head vehemently meaning he's not letting me go and that I'm going home at ten. I walk over to him and jump on the counter. I pull him between my legs and whisper something to him. I'm in no way a slut but I know how to make Brian agree to my terms. We both have an amazing relationship. In fact he's more of a friend than a boss. If Sophie can hear me now, she'll definitely say it's because 'he has a thing for me'. Even if I know he does, I want to stay blind to it.

    "After months of convincing you to put me on one of your social Media pages, you're now agreeing" He shakes his head in disbelief.

   " I promise to do a video with you tomorrow night. I swear!" I pout making him almost convinced. I haven't said much about my life. Where my parents are or why I ended up working in a Night club but for now let me tell you that I am a Social Media queen. I have five thousand followers and four thousand on Instagram and TikTok respectively. Doesn't that make me a queen?  I know for a fact Brian didn't agree to me leaving early because of the video I blackmailed him with, he just wants to do it.

  Brian let me go home early to get some rest. Aside the Clubhouse , I have no where else to go. 

  Paul is not on duty and Mrs. Eva is out somewhere gossiping as usual. I drag myself into my luxurious apartment which I'm planning to buy from Mrs.Eva soon. I live alone and the club pays me more than enough to take care of all that I need.

     My apartment has a mixture of turquoise and white colored decorations. The sofas are white while the cushions are turquoise in color. The floor is made with plain white tiles. The curtains in the room are turquoise and white as well. Uniformly hanged. There's a huge Fifty inches flat screen television fixed on the wall in the hall. Turning to the right is a kitchen and a dinning area. The door at the far end on my left is the bedroom which has an en-suite. The sweet air conditioning scent mixed with a strawberry scented air freshener welcomes me home.

     I take my laptop to read all the comments I have on my social media account. I haven't uploaded any video in along time. About a week.

    " I know her! Is that not Mica?" I roll my eyes.

  As if I care if any of them know me from somewhere. When I left home three years ago, I made sure to do away with anything that would remind me of my past. Being it my friends or my family. After getting enough money, I changed my name from Mica to Kylie. I didn't want anyone to find me.

   "She's changed so much. The mica I knew will never wear such revealing clothes or even have so many piercings and tattoos." Another comment read. What is she saying? Why do people want to exaggerate so much? I'm not Post Malone or Chris Brown. I only have two tattoos: I have one on the left side of chest and the other on my wrist.

    " No one knows you until you become TikTok famous. All those claiming you know her " I totally agree with this person. Until three years ago. I was nothing to them. I was simply the Senior High School graduate without a future. I can never forget the cold treatment some of my close friends gave. As if I didn't matter. I smirk. Finally glad that I'm no longer "The girl without a future"..

     It's not like I'm a freaking goddess on social media so I don't get what the fuss is about. I sneer at all of the comments. The maximum number of likes I get is two thousand so basically I'm just like anyone else on social media. It's not like I'd wake up one day to see Nadia Buari post me on her page or Selena Gomez invite me to the US. So whoever claims they know me, is just wasting their time . I laugh at my own thoughts. They are all being dramatic for no reason.