Part 20

Chapter Twenty

"Kylie?"

"Yes my love." I grin goofily at Sophie who's standing at the doorway. She just finished emptying the trash can and I'm preparing some omelette for all of us.

"I've noticed you don't really go to the gym lately." I give her a confused look. Christine is out of bed and she's sipping a cup of coffee.

"What? Really? I think I'm pretty much in  shape." I say looking over my body. Touching my stomach which is still flat. I turn to look at my butt and it still looks like Nicki Minaj's before she had her ass shots.

"No! I think your butt is getting bigger and so are your boobs." She walks over to me in the kitchen and jerks me away from there. She pushes me to the bedroom and forces my workout outfit on me.

"Am i the only one or Sophie's acting strange?" Christine yells from the living room and I yell back in agreement.

"Yeah! Go and have fun!" She pushes me out the door with a huge smile on her face. Did my friend hit her head on the headboard this morning or she has too many adrenaline rush inside her? I shake my head and take the stairs. Since I'm on my way to the gym, it'll be a good  idea to do some jogging.

I stop dead in my track when I notice the face that greets me at the building's entrance. My shoulders go down as I sigh. Of course! This is what all the tantrum was about. Sophie set me up. She'll be as good as dead if I come out of this alive. I walk pass him but he grabs my arm before I can even run for my life.

"You misunderstood everything last night." He begins. I roll my eyes and jerk his hands away. This time I'm not running. I have enough section with the treadmill today and I don't plan on exerting myself by running.

"As in, I misunderstood the fact that you were expecting Laura but you let me in? Or the fact that you enjoyed watching two women fight over you?"

"I think I like the fact that you were fighting for me." He waggles his eyebrows. What a jerk! He actually think I did that for him? When I don't give in to his goofy vibe. He gets serious.

"Well, not exactly. I knew Laura was coming over but not in the way you're thinking. Jen...."

"I don't care! And besides, you don't owe me an explanation. It's your life and whatever you do with it is your business." Immediately I'm done saying this, he pulls me into his arms and kiss the daylight out of me. Right in front of my apartment building which has Mrs. Eva's eyes everywhere. It takes me a while before I register what is happening. I don't know if Paul is seeing this because my back is facing that side. But to hell with them all! This right here, is hotter than Satan's dungeon. I loose myself into the moment and kiss him back. Public display of affection is something which isn't openly welcomed in Ghana but I'm sure Justin doesn't know about it. So I have to be the sane one and makes sure the kiss doesn't go beyond 'public appropriate'.

"I like you! In fact more than anything. You're smart, intelligent and you're the only girl who isn't falling down at my feet." He says when we pull away from the kiss. That British accent of his, makes him so damn sexy! I'm not sure if I should say I like him too so I only nod when he asks to accompany me to the gym. I don't know how he managed to plan all this with Sophie because he seems ready for a workout as well.

The only reason I didn't kill Sophie when I got home was because she made my first kiss happen. Yes! My first kiss. It's unbelievable right? I want to call it my first  because my first kiss was gross and awkward. I was really obsessed with that guy and I made  him kiss me despite how bad his mouth smelled. I guess that is what we call 'love'. Your mind doesn't really care if the person you're swallowing saliva with, has mouth odor or not. After that kiss, I brushed my teeth five times and even washed my mouth with soap. Right then! That instant! All the feelings I had for that person, disappeared. Mouth odor is a dealbreaker for me. If it were up to me, I'd have vomited his saliva from my system.

With Justin, it's was different. His lips were so soft. We both have tiny lips so no one was swallowing the other's mouth in. He smells so good and that amazing scent of his, made everything so dreamy. If I didn't know that Justin Bieber is married to Hailey, I'd definitely mistake him for him. Because they look so alike. Except for the fact that my Justin  looks like Justin Bieber in 2016 and not the latest version of Justin Bieber with an ugly mustache. If you get what I mean.

After that morning, things took a different turn with us. I can't say I trust him completely but we'll get there. It feels good to have someone who likes you for who you're and not what you have.

"I've decided to join a dance class!" I drop the bomb on my friends. They don't look surprised because I've always been a good dancer. We are all jobless and lazying around everyday won't do any of us good. It'll only add in extra weight which we don't need at the moment. At least not until we're married and having kids.