Chapter 41

The sunlight streams in through the large windows in the hallway. My friends and I walk over to the concrete and marble floor.

Yes, Nanami was with us as well. As we mumble to each other, our heels can be heard hitting the floor.

"Oh yea, when will my room being fix? I have waited for like- idk how long but it's long!" I complained as i sighed with my palm on my face.

"Oh don't be impatient, our council members are also examine some stuff and they often give me something from your room to.. well, to make sure it's safe..." Horika had a sly grin on her face.

I just stare at her, unsure what she was saying. Shikari then smiled and hit Horika on the head with her hand.

"I felt sorry that Lady Martina had a weird friend like this lady" Shikar's fist was balled up.

Then a student approached us with a box. They were wearing an apron and had flour on their cheek.

"Hello Lady Martina! Sorry for interrupting but.. can you tried one of my pastries i make? I want to give to our teacher but i want someone to taste it, since you have a good taste.." remarked the student, opening the box.

There are cheese tart-looking pastries in the box. The pastries had something like cream smothered on top of them.

 The pastries had something like cream smothered on top of them

"HOLY- Ehem...It look delicious" i clearly drooling looking at the pastries.

"Yea but be careful, it can-"

I quickly grab one of the pastries and shove it into my mouth while they were talking.

I felt a burst of happiness within me, and the sweetness is perfect.

Everything about it is flawless! When they saw me eating the pastries, they was speechless.

"Yea this is perfect! The teacher gonna love it!" I said with full mouth.

Everyone near me are staring at me in shock.

"Wut?"

"Um.. actually, you should take.. this one. Not that one" said the student.

They are pointing to the same pastries, but the colour is more pale. I tilt my head, what's the difference?

"But it's the same right?" I said with confused face."

"Oh gosh you're stupid, Martina! The one you eat had alcohol in it!" Nanami said as she hold my shoulder and shake me violently.

"Al.. WHAT??! Who the hell make an pastries that have alcohol in it!?" I start to panic.

"Well.. the teacher want it.." The student simply left, not wanting to be blamed.

I begin to lose focus from staring at them as they vanish without a trace. Shikari cupped my cheek to keep my gaze fixed on her and force me to concentrate on what she was saying.