chapter 04

achilles' heel, four.

confession 04;

I am NOT a part of some shipping programme! How stupid. I just want those two kids to get along. Their constant bickering disturbs the class more often than not. Maybe they're misunderstanding each other. This is a good opportunity for them to become friends.

— to Whoever sent that idiotic confession.

Tighnari released the most long-suffering sigh known to man

"Cyno. Please. I will kill myself."

"This one was funny. Y/N told me so."

"Yes, it was." Y/N sent an encouraging smile to Cyno, who lit up at the compliment. "His jokes are getting better these days."

Before Tighnari could refute Y/N's claim and criticize every element of the 'joke' his seatmate had told them in hopes of earning a chuckle, Kaveh entered the classroom, grabbing everyone's attention. His forehead glistened with sweat, and his chest heaved up and down, as if he had just run a marathon. 

Kaveh was unbelievably good at many things — but sports was not one of them.

His tall stature leaned against the doorframe, inviting air to relax his collapsing lungs.

He fixed his ruffled strands absentmindedly, then searched his surroundings for someone in particular. His eyes stopped the moment they landed on Y/N, his expression turning sour. She was true to her promise of surpassing him, for he was left pathetically behind in Math and English, while she topped the subjects. The entire day was hell for the poor boy. His beloved project partner made sure to rub salt in his wounds every ten minutes, not letting him escape the anguish of defeat.

"Ugh. Should I just sit this class out and hang around the rooftop?" He grumbled to himself, stifling a newfound wave of anger when he noticed the girl staring at him with an amused glint in her eyes.

"Look who we have here." Y/N said as he placed his bag on the seat next to her. "I'm sure your cockiness of being first in Psychology has washed away."

"You're not funny." He spat, shooting her a sharp glare.