chapter 03

achilles' heel, three.

confession 03;

I'm not going to lie... I rather enjoy watching Y/N and Kaveh bicker. However, I can't help but feel envious of their chemistry. Mr. Zhou, are you sure you paired them up for the project? Or is there a secret shipping programme that you're a part of?

—to Mr. Zhou

"Ishir

"Ishir. Stop right there!"

The young boy paused the moment he realised that Y/N's voice had turned deep. He knew better than to test her patience when she was mad.

"Sorry."

"Sorry won't bring back my lunch, will it?"

"I will make lunch for you!" Ishir exclaimed with enthusiasm.

Y/N shook her head, belting out a sigh of exhaustion. Her lips curved upwards in a tired smile. It was cute to see her little brother acting his age for once, but dealing with his tactics was a burden she wasn't sure she could handle.

Ishir had eaten the muffins that were supposed to be Y/N's meal. Now, she either had the option to endure a growling stomach until dinner or to walk her way to the departmental store and buy something to eat. Just the thought of doing physical labour after hours of school made her nauseous.

"Your punishment is not cooking food," She said, squishing his cheeks a little. "But to go to the store with me."

"That store again?" He groaned, sprawling across the wooden floor, "It's too far! Why don't we go somewhere close by?"

Y/N crossed her arms over her chest. "Hey, Collei always gives us a discount. And don't forget the free candies she saves for you. That long travel is worth it."

The 'long travel' in question was a twenty-minute walk.

"Ugh! Okay! But I'm not a kid who wants candies."