chapter-6

Avery's pov:-

I am seething inside. How could someone be so mean. I have this urge to rip this women to shreds.

As I stood up she spoke.

"What do you think you're doing? And who gave you the permission to talk to my son?", She hissed.

Such a bitch.

"Well I just thought your son wouldn't exactly enjoy watching his mother getting battered." I smiled at her sweetly.

"How dare you threaten me in broad day light? I'm assuming you are that freaks sister. My son is right your mother didn't teach her kids how to respect others" she flipped her hair over her shoulder.

"One who the fuck do you think you are to call her a freak?
Two I'm not her sister this is her fucking mother you're talking to.
And three honey it's clear here whose mother didn't teach her children how to behave. But I'll not blame your mother because some are just born with their rotten behaviour."

" Huh kids these days think it's fashion to have kids early. Your parents must be so embarrassed to have a daughter like you. Well atleast now you know how they felt now that you have her",she said poking her finger in my face.

I grabbed the finger she shoved in my face and bent it backwards making her squirm in my hold.

I went closer to her face looking directly into her eyes.

"Listen here and listen carefully if you say one more word about me or my daughter I'll shove your words so far up your ass you'll choke on it. Did I make myself clear?" I whispered harshly in her ear.

"Ye-ss" she whispered tears spilling down her eyes and a terrified look in her eyes.

"If I see you talking shit about my daughter again I'll promise you it will not be pretty", with that i slowly released her finger and started my way back to the car.

Grace is sitting in the car playing with her toys.

"Ready to go dear?", I asked smiling softly at her.

"Yes mama", she squealed excitedly.

I slid into driver's seat and started driving to her favourite icecream shop.

Alexander's pov:-

I stood there too stunned to move. So is the lady that just got bashed by her. Everyone one is silent trying figure out what just happened.

Slowly the women took her son and walked away as fast as she can literally dragging the poor kid away.

After a little bit we were drawn back to reality at the sound of engine coming to life.

"Come on quick", i said hurrying into the cars to follow before we lose them.

Our car zoomed past the streets to catch up to their car.

As we were going i couldn't help but think back to what just happened. She stood up to my daughter without a second thought.

Almost like an instinct.

It's nice to see that. Even I got a little scared seeing that. I mean everyone knows not to mess with a mama.

They will kill you literally. The murderous glint in her eyes was enough to make even the strongest of men cower in fear.

I kept thinking about what happened. We soon saw them pull up into an icecream shop.

It is small but nice. As we walked in we saw them both at the counter. My daughter is standing on her tippy toes trying to figure out what she wanna have.

Avery's pov:-

We are in the icecream shop. Grace is trying to decide what she wanna have.

I am smiling at her struggle when a man approached us.

"Hello"

He is a lot taller than me.

"Hi?",I said uncertainly.

I clearly don't know him. I don't even have people coming to talk to me. So I'm a bit surprised.

"We need to talk",he said calmly looking at my darling.

"About what? Do i know you?", I asked still super confused about what was happening.

"I-", the man started saying something when I felt tugs on my shirt.

I looked to see grace pointing at a mix of every flavour.

I smiled at her and said alright. When she turned around and stopped in her tracks.

Immediately her breath started coming out faster and faster.

Oh no she having a panic attack.

I immediately hugged her close and pulled her into my lap and sat down. I slowly started rocking her back and forth running my fingers through her hair.

I completely forgot about the man standing beside me. He is now on his knees looking at grace with concern in his eyes.

Slowly she lifted her head off my chest and looked at that man. She slowly lifted her hand towards that man.

He slowly held her hand rested his face in her little palm. His eyes filled with tears.

"Hey my little pumpkin", he said tears falling from his eyes.

Grace started crying harder. She wiggled out of my arms and fell into his arms.

They both held each other tightly. I felt a pang in my chest as I sat here. I felt like I'm not supposed to be here. 

Slowly he stood up still holding on to Grace who is hugging him so tight as if she is afraid he would disappear if she loosened her grip on him.

He gestured for me to follow him. He went near a corner table and sat down gesturing for me to take a seat.

I sat in the opposite seat and waited for someone or anyone to explain what was happening.

He is slowly rubbing her back. He looked up slowly at me.

"I apologise for that. I came to tell you  that I am Grace's father i kn-"

What-