chapter-1

Avery's pov:-

Thunder and faint sound of some song. I don't even know. But i didn't care it's weekend and my parents aren't home, what's better than that. I've been dancing around the kitchen making myself some dinner.

I don't usually bother eating let alone cooking. I'll just eat some chips or chocolate to survive. I've been singing and dancing around when I heard banging on my door.

Who could it be it's midnight? Should I open it, my parents wouldn't be home until next week. The banging continued. I looked out the peep hole it's a women with a child.

I immediately opened the door i don't know why, my arm moved on its own. It's raining so hard where did she come from?

" Mam are you ok?" I asked.

"Please keep her safe please they are coming!!", Before I could say anything she ran away.

I didn't know what to do. Who is coming? Why is she running? What do I do with the child?? I immediately closed the door shut and ran into the bedroom.

I looked at the child she will not be more than 2. She is crying so hard i don't know what to do. Sure I played with them before but that's it whenever they cry I'll give them to their mum or dad. She wouldn't stop crying.

Suddenly I heard another series of banging they were not like the ladies ones these were different, terrifying. I didn't know what to do. So I carefully placed the child in my closet and went to the door.

I looked through the peep hole looks like they were searching all the houses so they don't know for sure. Ok all i had to do is act.

I opened the door and looked at them. They are scary. Everyone is big and muscular. I would literally cry right know.

"Can I help you?", I tried to keep my voice as steady as I can.

One with a bit softer looks came forward and tried to give a what I think is polite smile " sorry to bother you but we are cops and we are searching for a lady that kidnapped a child and ran this way. Did you happen to see her?".

The fuck is happening right now. And cops i don't think so mah man.

" Sorry no i didn't ".

" Well ok sorry for bothering".

"It's ok ". And slam. That was soo scary I would've cried if it lasted a minute more. I immediately rushed to the child, i opened my closet and saw that she crawled all the way to the end.

I bend down slowly " hey darling, it's ok now. Can you come out?". She looks soo scared.

" I will not hurt you sweetie come here" .

She slowly crawled out but she wouldn't come near me. God what has she gone through. I opened my arms for her and waited.

She took small wobbly steps towards me and hugged me so tight. I hugged her back. I don't know what to do. I took her to bed and put her to sleep.

I went into the bathroom room turned on the shower and slowly slid down the wall and the tears i held in started flowing out uncontrollably i don't know what to do I'm lost, scared and I'm just 19.

I have no fucking idea. All i know is I'm scared. After what felt like an eternity i came out and changed. She is sleeping at least that's a start.

I went to the living room and sat down on the couch thinking everything who is this girl? How old is she? What's her name? And importantly why me there are almost 40 houses in this area why meee?

I was in the middle of questioning my life when I say a letter near the front door it must've fell when the lady came. I went and picked it up.

It's just a folded paper that said grace, 2 years old, November 3rd. That's it and all of it was scrambled like it was written in a hurry.

Plus the rain smudged everything it was hard to figure out the letters. The last name was completely smudged. If I can see it maybe I could do a little searching to find her parents but now I've got nothing. I slowly walked into the bedroom and sat next to her so grace huh such a pretty name.

Without my notice I pushed some strands of her hair out of her face. Such a cute little creature. Her face is so pink from all the crying she did today. Did she even eat anything? I didn't even ask if she wanted anything.

Does children her age just drink milk? I don't know anything about it. Maybe I should reasearch a little bit.

I just hope her family would come soon. Because I don't know if I can do this. (Sigh) this is not how my day should have ended.

Where did I go wrong. Hmm ok, girl this better work (Google search) what do people my knee size eat???.