Interfere

When she left the house, I threw myself on the bed, didn't wait for Zee to come or do anything else, all I wanted was to sleep and numb myself as much as possible.

I had slept all afternoon, all evening, even all night, I didn't even know if Zee had come home, and even if he did, it wasn't the last thing I wanted to talk to him right now.

I woke up by myself in the early hours of the morning because my body had already stored more sleep than necessary, I ate something first, then took a good shower and felt myself coming back to it, immediately picked up my phone with the idea that came to my mind.

Zee gave his assistant's phone number in case I couldn't reach him in case of an emergency, he was a nice person I had met before. So I clicked on his name, after a while the call was answered.

"Oh, Wales I hope I'm not bothering you.. I was just going to ask something.."

"Hi NuNew, I'm preparing in the meeting room, I'll help if it's something I can answer right away."

"Uh.. Wales keep this conversation between us please, is Mr. Pruk engaged?"

There was no sound for a while.

"Are you there?"

"I'm here, but where did that come from?"

"Yesterday a woman came home, she said this, that I didn't know-"

Wales spoke up when a few voices came from behind the phone. "NuNew I'm sorry but the meeting is starting, see you soon.."

I rolled my eyes in anger when the phone hung up in my face, it shouldn't have been this hard to learn something..

I was thinking about this while sitting down until the evening, Tor, I had called yesterday, had finally arrived.

When I opened the door, I looked towards him, my psychology was really bad, I pulled Tor to me for a moment at the door and hugged him, started to cry, I had no one, I had no one to talk to this.

I couldn't tell Tor either, but maybe at least I could relax a little when I hugged him...

We sat on the couch together, and even though he asked me what happened, I didn't say anything, I just kept hugging him saying I was just depressed.

I was sitting like this for a while, there was a knock on the door, and I didn't look back, but I knew Zee coming. Tor did the same as I stood still. No one said anything for a while as Zee walked in, then Tor spoke up. "Hello, Sir..."

"Hi, your name was Tor, wasn't it?" Even though he knew his name very well, he was asking on purpose, just to pretend he didn't care..

"Yes, Sir."

"Tor, we have a guest coming soon, so I'll have my driver drop you off at home." I lifted my head from Tor's shoulder and, wiped my tears with my hands and turned to him.

"Can't he stay a little longer?" Zee looked at me and shook his head 'no'.

Tor got up, said goodbye to me and left, while I just stood there.

"Who is the guest?"

"Aunt Leina."

"How long has Aunt Leina been considered as a guest, your only purpose is to send Tor out of the house, why don't you say it directly?"

"If you know my purpose, then don't ask me."

"Why don't you let anyone near me? Is it just because I have to do what you say? I'm sick of you interfering in my life!"

He was speaking in front of me without breaking his relaxed demeanor, but my nerves were seriously broken now.

"But you know how to interfere in my life."

"What?" I said without understanding.

"Don't you think I heard you calling Wales today? I've been there since the phone started ringing, I told him to put it on loudspeaker, I heard everything you said, how dare you! Do you think it's any of your business?"

Everything was overlapping...

Everything was pushing me...

This house,

This hall,

These walls,

Mr. Pruk,

And what he did to me,

Making me feel good,

And suddenly ruining me...

Like I couldn't stand it anymore.

He was telling me that his love life was none of my business, and he was saying this to me, slammingly, directly, without cheating, which was the thing that hurt me the most.

I shook my head in disappointment. "You're right Sir, you're right, it's none of my business if you use me while there's someone else in your life, I don't even have the right to ask that...Well..."

I ran up the stairs, not caring how many times he called my name after me.

If I didn't care about him, like he didn't care about me.

But no, I cared.

He was on my mind.

What he said was on my mind.

Mr. Pruk had got me.

My body,

My mind,

My soul,

He had deprived me of myself, by taking a few things I had.