Ch 9. Fireworks and Photos

---*Chapter 8*---

After the food was made, the chef took his leave to go to another table and I was left with Jim. I couldn't help just gawking about how amazing that was. I don't think Jim thought it was as cool but he did humor me and I appreciate that far more than he knows. After dinner we tried fried ice cream! It completely blew my mind because frying ice cream is- How?!

That whole experience was one I'd never forget and the night wasn't even over.

---*Chapter 9*---

That whole experience was one I'd never forget and the night wasn't even over. We had to drive back home, to that bridge that I 'dropped my phone' off of to shoot the fireworks. I completely fell asleep during the ride but Jim woke me up again.

"We're here," Jim nudged my shoulder with a quiet chuckle.

"Hm?.. Okay, let's go" I hummed and sleepily woke up. He seemed to think this was an adorable side of me by how he smiled and chuckled.

We got out of the car, we were parked in the woods off the side of the road like some other people. "C'mon, down here!" Jim shouted and waved me over by the canal. I couldn't help my sleepy giggles as I followed him. "Here, I won't let you fall,” he said as he held out his hand to me. Ah.. My face grew very red but I played it off I think.

"Okay," I giggled as I took his hand. Good lord, I'm tingling! Ugh! Get a grip, Ophelia!

He carefully led me down the steep wall. I was a bit of a wobbling mess.. When we got to the bottom, my foot landed wrong and I fell forward but.. Jim caught me. "Careful!" Jim hummed as he lifted me up a bit to stand back on my feet. I couldn't help just giggling like a little girl as I straightened myself back up and fixed my clothes. "Okay, wait here for a sec. Toby hid everything over there so I'll go grab it" he told me excitedly before turning and running off to the bridge a little while away. I watched him run off for a moment before looking up at the sky. It's already so clouded with smoke and color. After a minute of listening to the other fireworks, I looked back to where Jim ran off to and-.. well, I came eye to eyes with that same troll from the Christmas party. He definitely knew I saw him this time though and hid himself very quickly.

"Pft-.." I quietly giggled with my hand over my mouth as I turned my back towards them. Of course Jim's always being watched. I wonder if he ever gets a break.

—*Jims POV*---

"Master Jim!" Blinky shouted as soon as I got around the wall hiding him.

"Gah! What are you doing here?!.." I whisper shouted and pushed him away from sight so Ollie wouldn't see him.

"My gorgus! Is that the girl I've heard so much about?" Blinky gasped and peeked around the corner at her.

"No, go before she sees you!" I shouted as I pulled his arm but he wouldn't budge then he even pushed me away! "Ugh!" I groaned, getting pushed back into the canal wall.

"She's beautiful! Is this the girl Toby has told me about? He said you've fallen for her rather hard-" Blinky ranted which only made me embarrassed and mad. I told Toby not to say anything!

"N-No! She doesn't know about us blink, go-" I shouted and kept trying to pull him back but I'm not strong enough as a human. If I change back to my normal, I couldn't go back to human until I get home because I don't have krels machine on me!

"She looks like a rather kind young girl, you must like her greatly" Blinky hummed and seemed all too happy about Ollie which is great but if she sees him, she’ll freak out!