Ch 6. A Disaster Of A Party

---*Chapter 5*---

"Coming, Ollie?" Mary smiled as I stopped before the door.

"Uh, maybe in a second" I awkwardly laughed. "I think-.. I'm gonna stay out here for a second. I need to ask my brother about something for tomorrow at the cafe" I lied a bit more.

"Okay but make it quick," Mary shook her head and smiled as she gave me my phone. Once the door was shut I turned on the phone again. That same photo came up.. Ugh.. I got off that screen and calmed the anxiety in my gut as I called hisirdoux.

"Hello? Ophelia?" Hisirdoux called from the other side. It sounds like he's at a party too!

"Hey? Where are you?" I giggled in confusion and could feel myself take a deeper breath than I have been which calmed me down some.

"Clubbing with some of our staff! What's up? Is everything alright?" He asked loudly while I went and leaned against the balcony post.

"Yeah, I'll talk to you back at home. Good night!" I hummed before taking the phone away from my ear and hung up. I stared at his name on the screen for a little while with a smile before turning off the screen. What am I thinking? I can control my magic without his help. I'm doing just fine now..
"Maybe I should go back inside.." I muttered to myself as I leaned away from that post and turned towards the door-.. Only to stop and stare.

---*Chapter 6*---

The door opened as I looked and out came Jim. He's-.. He came out here for a break too?..

"Hey.." he raised a little smile. It was that same awkward one as always but this time it seemed so sad.

"Hey.." I muttered anxiously as my eyes darted to the floor and my hands intertwined. I couldn't even manage to smile! I-I don't know what to do!

"Here.." he walked over with his coat from earlier, he stood in front of me as I watched his hands pull the coat around behind me and over my shoulders, "You've been out here for a while.." He said quietly as he stared at his hands that carefully put this coat on me.

"I-.. Just needed a break. It was hot inside was all" I pulled a little smile to my cheeks and look up at him. The same old lie.. I wonder if it ever works though..

"I know.." he muttered as he took a step away from me and to the post a couple feet away on the opposite side of the one I was leaning against. There he stood with his arms crossed and leaned his body against the post like I once did.

Everything in me wants to ask him how he feels after that kiss with Claire but is that even my place to?.. "Well.. At least out here is nice and cold.." I muttered as I went and stood by the post I once had with lowered eyes. I couldn't help but to just stare out into the open, to the forest past the fence and the moon high in the sky.

"I was hoping this party would've been more fun.. But it's turned into a disaster.." Jim muttered as he stared up at the moon with pain and uneasiness in his eyes.

"It's not over yet," I hummed hoping I could lift his spirits a little, "Toby's just getting started inside I think-" I quietly giggled as I looked behind me to the window and through the little cracks in those mostly shut curtains. He's still drinking inside I think.