Chapter 8- Meaning.

Her hands were shaking and her knee started to bounce up and down in a rapid manner. She sighed and looked at the sky only to shut her eyes from the blinding sun. People in the pit were fighting the golem and she could hear the sounds of magic running through the ground. Change Magic, Force Magic, Spirit Magic, Life, and even Potential magic all had a certain sound to it. Change magic had a certain shine to it meanwhile Force had a boom. Spirit had the breath of life and Life had the woosh of a wind.

Polka could hear it all, it was the trait that came from her family. But even if the strongest of sounds she heard wasn't enough to take down the Golem. Then a click came and the battle was done. The sounds were gone and whoever was in the pit went over to the losing sides.

"YO!" A peached haired girl came and sat next to Polka. She had flowers over the two buns of hair at the side of her head and a large golden bell in the middle, "What cha doin?"

"Oh, hey Nene," She was surprised by the sudden talk, "Nothing, just waiting for our turn."

"Hmmm...that's a lie!" Nene pointed out.

"It's not!"

"Yes it is!"

Polka sighed, "Okay, yeah, that was a lie."

"So what are you really thinking?" Nene's emerald eyes locked onto hers.

"There are certain sounds to magic, it's an inheritance that passes down by my family." Polka said, "It's like an instrument but if multiple people are fighting, it sometimes makes a good sound like a song but...when it doesn't work well."

"Bad sound?" Nene asked.

"Yup."

"So how do they sound?" Nene pointed at the ones who had just entered the pit.

"Like an untuned guitar and a broken horn." Polka laughed.

"Oh!! So how do I sound like?" The peach haired girl stood up and her fist started to glow a bright sparkling gold.

She punched the air in rapid succession and then kicked only for her to fall. Polka chuckled and said, "Cheery, like a chime of bells."

Polka's ear twitched when Oga stopped the battle with the golem. The two inside the pit left, heads down and walking over towards the loser stands. Oga went back to his threatening comments, saying how worthless and how much strength they had lacked. Most people were still scared of his booming voice, including her, but when looking at Nene, there was no fear in her eyes. Some drops of sweat ran down Nene's cheek but Polka could see that she was still smiling.

Oga sighed, "Nene, Polka. Go in the pit"

Nene ran into the pit in no time, although Polka stopped when she locked eyes with Oga as he muttered, "Prove me wrong."

She bit her lip, clearly missing Istars stare, as she put her head down and entered the pit. The two stopped in front of the dooming Golem. It had more scratches, dents, and different colors on it from all the elements of magic it had taken. Despite all of it, it only had one small cut in it made by Suisei's large ax.

Nene took a stance with both her fist by her side, glowing a bright sparkling gold. Right before the timer could even start, or the Golems runes could turn red, Nene dashed and smashed her fist into the Golem-making the golden dust burst-but the Golem stood unphased. It swung its large arms and Nene just had barely reacted as she jumped, pushing herself off of it. Sofly landing, she fixed her gaze towards the Golem but its arms were already towards her head.

Planting her feet, the golden glow from her hand started to spread all around her body. Nene reached out her hands, ready to brace the impact of it, but her legs started to shake as her body slowly made adjustments as if she was about to run. A white blast of light bursted from the ground as dozens of large snakes wrapped around the Golems hand, restraining it from swinging further. Nene smiled at Polka, who was still in front of the hallway with her hands laced together: index fingers as a cross, and jumped over the restrained hand.