Chapter 3- Hard Core Parkour.

12:00 PM

Istar made his way in the hallway, holding the piece of paper he stared at all night. The club he was going to start in an hour or so and it was halfway from where he was. If he rushed then he would make it there in at least ten minutes so breakfast seemed like a good idea. He jumped the stairs until he reached the bottom floor and made his way to the cafeteria.

If ranking is everything in this school, then does it also have an effect on food? He thought as continued walking. Well his question was going to be answered as soon as he entered through large doors. Rows of large tables stretched out to the walls but left enough room for people to pass through them. Almost every table was either one color with the cloaks but some had the rare lower and upper ranks together.

Istar scratched the back of his head and made his way to the large line.Slowly the line moved up and in the corner of his eye he noticed something. People with black and white cloaks, or in regular clothing, went straight up to the counter and collected a tray of food and each tray was different from another.

"So that's how higher ranks work in the cafeteria huh?" Istar whispered to himself.

With another couple minutes passed, Istar made it to the front of the line. A lady, a little shorter than him, with messy blonde pigtails and an eye patch was behind the counter. Wearing a gothic-like outfit, she leaned in to Istar and yelled out, "Alright! What's your rank!?"

"Rank Zero," He looked away as the eyepatched girl had no definition of personal space.

"Zero huh?.hmm..red goggles...red tipped hair....Oh! Are you the one that Coco talked about!?" She got more into his face, almost falling off of the counter.

"I guess...can she get out of my face...," The eyepatched girl finally went back to the other side of the counter, "Hey what the hell does Coco want with me?"

The girl took out a try and passed it to him, "She doesn't want to do anything with you but well if you want to figure more things out...and get better food, then climb the ranks. Anyway, next!"

The person behind Istar shoved him away, he didn't do anything since the person was a higher rank and if he was going to get into a fight it was one that he knew he was going to win.

Taking a look around, he tried to find a place where most of the rank zeros were or an empty table. Finding a table far away, Istar made his way till a familiar voice yelled out, "Istar!"

"This fennec is going to be everywhere I am isn't she?" He put down his head and turned around, "Hey Polka..."

"Come sit over here and look I got an empty place for ya! Come on, you gotta stop being a loner!" Polka pulled him down, "Look make some friends cause you're going to be here for a couple years."

"Polka, have you ever thought that I just like to be alone?" He ripped part of his bread.

"Nope!" Polka then pointed at two other people on the other side of the table, "Anyway, why don't you start now? Here this is Lamy and this is Botan. You would've known yesterday...if you came by like I said you should.."

Should I tell her...nah...

"Hello." The blue haired elf slightly raised her hand. Her uniform was different from everyone elses. She wasn't a high rank like those who could wear whatever they want or how her tray of food screamed luxury like the ones who cut in front. Her orange cloak was a little wider, with the edges of it being filled with white fur. The uniform was a little more puffier than others and she was allowed to wear her small white hat.