Chapter 4-Schools Demon.

Sighing, Istar pulled back his hair from his eyes. He let out a groan as he felt a pain in his back. The entire weekend that passed till now was nothing but walking around the school, getting a good idea of its layout, and dropping by the parkour society once in a while. Although he didn't do much there, he tried to find Izuru to pay back his debt but never found him.

Istar thought that might be different today, since the first week of being in the academy was gone, magic class had finally started. Today was just a general magic class and that just meant the one class to go over the five types of magic branches. He already knew about force magic and life, he didn't really think about learning all the other ones. But well, this class wasn't optional.

He took a deep breath and then rolled out of the top of the bed, softly landing on the ground. Istar turned to see Mika still sleeping and he sighed, Wonder if we will actually ever talk...well also not my fault he's never here when I come back.

Even though he would be gone the entire day and come back late at night, he wouldn't be there. Despite that it was on him as well. He never bothered to try and talk to him so if it was anything, it was also his fault.

"...I'll figure it out someday." He signed.

Grabbing his red goggles before leaving, he stared at it and thought back to where he used to live. It felt weird having them off most of the time since back then he had them on every second, "Sure why not."

Putting on his goggles, he headed outside and went to get breakfast.

***

Entering the cafeteria, he waited in line to get his food but when he arrived there, the blonde pigtailed student wasn't there. He learned that her name was Haachama and his senior, as he guessed, and she is a rank 12. Not many knew her intentions of being in the school, despite almost being a graduate, but everyone knew her based on her insane experiments and almost putting an entire town in danger due to her reckless plans.

Despite that, everyone seemed fine with it and didn't question what she did, "Guess that's the power of a rank 12...be powerful enough for others to look the other way no matter how insane you are."

"Hey Is-"

"Yeah, yeah, I know the routine..." He sighed and sat next to Polka.

Botan sighed and started the conversation, "So, magic class officially starts for you two today huh?"

"Yeah, I heard that the teacher almost made the entire class quit." Polka  stated.

"Did you two have him when you were freshmen?" Istar asked.

"We did and..." Lamy's face became paler than it was before as it seemed like her soul left her body, "I would rather not think back..."

"Okay...Botan?"

"Don't overload your magic, don't overload your magic, don't overload your magic..." Botan repeated with a mutter.

"Istar, do you pray to a god?" Polka asked.

"Yeah, Hakos."

"Does she do anything with protection and luck?" Polka hands became shaky.

"Nope," He sighed, "You? Got a god?"

"Yeah, Matsuri." Polka slightly looked away.

"Does she do anything with protection and luck?" Istar repeated the same question.

"....I don't wanna talk about it..." Polka put her head down, joining the other two in a brute.

"Anyway..." Lamy got her soul back, "Istar?"