xix. daughter in law

"I see you two are finally together," Seong Hansu commented after seeing the couple bracelet they were wearing. He caught the two off guard. They were in Hayan Taekwondo practicing when Mr. Seong came.

"Ah, hello, Master Seong!" Seulgi greeted with a smile. "Yes, me and Taehoon are dating now!"

Taehoon nudged her by the elbow.

"What? He's your father!"

"Congratulations!" Mr. Seong smiled and walked over to Seulgi. He put his hand on her shoulder and patted it. "Please take care of my son well. If he ever does something you don't like or if he breaks your heart, just inform me and I'll beat him up."

"Dad!"

Hansu turned around to his son seriously.

"And you... If you ever hurt my daughter in law in any way... You're going to get the beating of your life."

"D-Daughter in law?!" Seulgi stuttered with a blush.

Hansu seemed amused and turned back to Seulgi.

"Didn't you two got married? I'm disappointed you didn't invite me."

"You... You saw the stream?" Taehoon muttered.

"Um, that was... That was a fake wedding. We're helping Hobin out for his channel content while he's away." Seulgi tried to explain.

"But still..."

"We're dating. We haven't got married yet." Taehoon explained as he crossed his arms.

"Fine. But where were you last night? You weren't home." Hansu interrogated his son. Both Taehoon and Seulgi looked at each other from the corner of their eyes at the same time, then looked away.

"Were you at her place?" Hansu analyzed.

Taehoon reulctantly nodded.

"Were you two..." Seulgi actually gulped in nervousness, "Doing... Stuff...?"

Hansu seemed to get his answer by the silence from the two teenagers.

"I mean... As long as you two are using protection..." Hansu coughed, feeling awkward as well, "Just... Stay safe. I don't mind having a grandchild--"

"DAD!" Taehoon had enough.

"You two are still young. Just be responsible." Hansu concluded, and turned to Seulgi again who looked red as a tomato, "And Seulgi..."

"Y-Yes, Master Seong?!" Seulgi gasped in surprise.

"Call me 'dad'!" Hansu smiled, "I've always wanted a daughter. My friends have daughters while I have a son,"

Taehoon glared at his dad.

"And I've been jealous of them. So... You can call me dad."

Seulgi actually felt her heart warm. Ever since her parents left her, she never called anybody 'mom' or 'dad'. And now, her boyfriend's dad tells her to call him 'dad'...

She felt like she was a part of a family again.

"Fuck. Dad, you made her cry!" Taehoon quickly got to Seulgi and held her cheek softly.

"Huh?" Seulgi didn't even realize she shed a tear. She quickly wiped it, "I'm crying?"

"Ah, sorry..." Hansu quickly apologized. Seulgi shook her head and smiled.

"No, no... These aren't tears of sadness... I'm actually quite happy." She turned to Hansu. "And it's an honor to call you Dad, Master Seong."

With that, Seulgi bowed.