ix. avoiding you

It was obvious that Choi Seulgi was avoiding him.

Sure, Taehoon had given her time to cool down and think, but Seulgi has not read and answered his texts.

And it has been a week.

She even excused herself from livestreams. Natan had to do covers solo, and the comments were worried about her being sick. Taehoon had sent her texts asking if she was fine too.

Taehoon
Hey
Are you sick?

And of course she didn't read them. So he did the next best thing he can, which was cornering Natan when he found him at the company's headquarters.

"Where's Choi Seulgi?" Taehoon slammed his hand to the wall next to Natan, trapping him.

"S-She's at home..." Natan stuttered and looked away. Taehoon leaned closer.

"She hasn't been on your streams. Is she sick?"

"No, she doesn't feel like streaming, and I'm not forcing her to... So she's probably doing something else." Natan answered.

Taehoon leaned back in thought.

"Did something happen between you two?" Natan asked curiously.

Taehoon stared at him and took his hand off the wall.

"Nothing that matters of you."

"Well, she's my best friend... So I know about her more than you do, actually." Natan shrugged. "She's clearly avoiding you."

"Then why is she avoiding me?" Taehoon interrogated.

"I don't know, man. She doesn't tell me everything, but my guess is... Whatever you did to her shocked her so much she didn't know what to do." Natan concluded thoughtfully.

Taehoon turned and sighed.

"My advice is probably corner her after school. Maybe then you can catch up with her and talk your problems out." Natan sat on the sofa with a sigh. "And pester her for answers. She's very tight lipped about her feelings and likes to run away from them, but she will eventually crack if you hit her with the right words."

"Whatever..." Taehoon muttered and got out of the building.

"You're welcome, I guess." Natan glared at the ungrateful figure.

__________

Taehoon had waited for her in front of her school. He caught a lot of people's attention as they recognized him from several livestreams. A group of girls even flocked around him now, as if the fight with Yeonwoo didn't happen.

He waited really long for her, and eventually lost his patience.

"Hey, you." He pointed to a blushing girl, "Do you know where Choi Seulgi is?"

"Choi Seulgi...?" She repeated. "Of course! She left as soon as the bell rang with Ji Yeonwoo earlier."

"Yeah, and they were talking pretty close and intently as they walked!" Another girl added. Taehoon clenched his fists.

"Do you know where they went?"

"Ah, they went that way. They probably went to their usual cafe for their dates."

"Dates...?" Taehoon snapped.

"Aren't they dating?" The girl turned to another girl confusedly. "I thought they were."