𝘚𝘪𝘹𝘵𝘺 𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦

Start from the beginning

"Relax, you can make more. Where is she right now?" Charlie asks and I huff.

"I'm not sure, I'll have to ask Maria. I don't like being here alone." I carefully pick up the big pieces of glass as I stand up.

"Well you have me over the phone."

"Yeah...other than that the fact that the call keeps ending over the service." I pick up my phone getting cupcake batter on it. I walk over to the marble counter.

I bought a cabin...well rented! For the weekend, credits to Maria for getting Natalie to drive three hours not having a clue she's driving here.

I wanted to surprise her...but everything is going wrong. Service is terrible. I nearly popped a tire coming here, but the view is beautiful outside.

It's a big cabin, there's stairs leading up to it outside. Double glass door, the inside is big...It's all open, the living space and kitchen being one. There's an L shaped couch that is very comfy. The tv is up on the wall. The kitchen is nice too, a lot of cabinets...it's taking awhile to figure out everything.

The bedroom is also very nice, it's upstairs. It has a king sized bed. There's a tv in there too, along with a little couch. It has a walk in closet, it's not huge but it's not tiny. It has a balcony, two chairs and a table. The view is out to the river.

The river is huge, the owners said it's safe to swim in. No leeches or alligators..thank god. It looks cleanish. A lot of trees too, I cannot wait to look at the moon shining on the river tonight. There's also little logs around a fire pit. There's only one cabin, this one. So we're basically gonna be all alone.

Jane and Charlie gave me some money to afford it of course. I couldn't afford it by myself, I'll pay them back once I get back to work out of my wages.

I clean up the rest of the glass putting it in the bin, then I look through the cupboards for cleaning supplies. I huff.

I open a cupboard up high and spot a cloth and some cleaning spray, I quickly reach for them both. I close it before  walking over to where all the batter is. I spray some of the spray before cleaning the floor quickly.

"You're being quiet." Charlie says. I huff moving my hair out of my face with my arm since my hands are wet...

"I'm trying to be quick."

"She has like a what...three hour drive."

"Yeah...Maria text god only knows how long ago, I have to shower and get ready."

"Get ready? What do you mean by that, Diana cooper?"

"Get your head out of the gutter, Charlie. I bought a dress."

"You didn't tell me!"

"I know! I'm sorry! I thought about it too much that I thought I already showed you."

"I'm gonna make cookies instead." I stand up.

"God bless you."

"God is not on my side today!" I huff dropping my hands walking but slip a little on the wet floor. I stand for a second talking a deep breath before walking over to the bin throwing the cloth away. I walk over to the cupboard putting the spray away.