✾chapter thirty-five - lights off

Comincia dall'inizio

You smiled, "Okay, but let me tell you before I start that he was drunk".

"Even better! That's when people are the most honest" Historia told you. "Y/n, come on, tell me something!".

"Woah, okay. First, do you know what it means when someone says, 'the moon is beautiful' to you?" you asked. Historia's eyes became even bigger than they normally were, "No fucking way he said that".

You nodded, excited, "Yeah, and then he asked me if I knew what I meant".

You explained to the blonde every detail about what happened in that conversation, about the moon and how both of you had told to each other, without really realizing its meaning until you said it out loud.

"And if Eren said it twice, why doesn't he tell you, like, literally?" Historia questioned. "That's what I asked him, and he said he was scared" you answered.

"Oh, and then he said that Armin is pressuring him to ask me to be his girlfriend" you added. Historia laughed, "Ah, I knew that already".

You were shocked. "Wait, really?". She nodded, "Yeah, Armin told me. I also knew that Eren wanted to ask you when you two went to that restaurant, but he ended up not doing it".

Now you were even more surprised, "And why didn't you tell me?".

"Well, I didn't want to interfere in your relationship" she explained. You rolled your eyes, "Seriously? Because I think you've been doing that since September".

Historia smiled mischievously, "Well, that's true, but once you two kissed for the first time, I truly didn't want to do something that could mess up things. So, did he ask you to be his girlfriend?".

You shook your head, "I told him that, if he asked me, I would say yes, but he didn't want to do it now because he was drunk".

"Are you kidding me? That was the perfect moment!" your friend complained, "Ugh, he's so bad at this".

"Aw, but it was cute" you laughed. Then, you remembered everything he said to you afterwards.

You were smiling like an idiot, and Historia noticed it. "What else did he said?".

You came back to reality, "Oh, nothing". The blonde smirked, "You're lying. I'm sure there's something else".

You blushed, "Well, then he began to say things out of nowhere".

"...Like?" she insisted. "Like he loved living with me, or that I'm the only one that cared about him when no one did" you explained.

Historia smiled, "But those aren't random things, y/n. He's saying the truth".

"But you guys also cared and care about him" you said. "But it's different" she explained, "You gave him a home even though he didn't like you and you made sure he felt loved. You helped him like no one else".

You felt so sad for him, "I'm sure you would have done the same...".

She stopped you, "If someone didn't like me, I wouldn't have given them my apartment, and you know that. But you did it for some reason. Sometimes I believe that you two were meant for something like this to happen".

"Something like this?" you repeated. Historia nodded, "Yeah, like something that would solve the problem that Eren had with you. It's like you were destined for this to happen to you no matter how much you did not expect it".

"Why do you make things so complicated?" you let out a laugh, "The only thing that happened is that we began to live together and eventually all of this happened".

"You know what I mean" Historia said, "Or is it that you have never felt like all this that is happening to you with Eren is not by chance?".

"Now that you mention it, I always felt like I needed him to like me. I felt so bad when he looked bad at me or didn't talk to me at all" you explained, "It felt... wrong to me. During all of these years, I didn't care about some people liking me, but him... I was so annoyed by that".