"It's nothing serious. I just didn't want to be bothered so I put them on." She mumbled, her head tilting back from how he kissed her face.

"I'm bouta' take you with me, we can talk about it in the car. Go get your stuff."

"Roman I'm in the middle of my shift, I can't just leave them. And my sister is picking me up, not you. Why didn't you call me before you came?"

"I did." He reached behind her to grab her phone out of her back pocket, then showed her the notifications tab that had two missed calls notifications from Roman's contact, as well as a text message that said he was on his way.

"Oh. I didn't see it, I'm sorry." She mumbled, laying her head on his chest with a quiet huff. Everything was upsetting her.

"What you going to Shayla house for?" He asked, his hand resting on the small of her back.

"To talk to her about you." She said, her body releasing tension from the way he rubbed it, and he chuckled at her words.

"Call her. You going home with me. We ah' stop to get you some clothes. Go get your stuff." He repeated the same thing from moments ago, tapping her waist so that she could let him go.

Huffing again, Angel went back in the kitchen, just to see Madisyn and another one of their cousins, Ayesha, staring at her with big smiles on their faces.

"Please don't start." She waved them both off, listening to them laugh while following behind her to be nosy about her new boyfriend.

"Girl that is a man, okay! I wish mine came up here forcing me to go home." Ayesha gushed at her little cousin's love life.

"Nah foreal. Y'all so cute, cous. You gon' bring him to the dinner for granny birthday?" Madisyn watched her grab her Marc Jacobs tote bag out of her locker, putting it over her shoulder.

"Um, I don't know-I kind of forgot about that party mama 'nem throwing.. Maybe." She shrugged, deciding to make herself a cup of Strawberry Lemonade to drink.

"You should. And if he got any friends that look and act like him, tell him to bring them. I hate my nigga." Madisyn joked, and Angel chuckled, shaking her head at her.

"I did inventory and I cleaned the tables already. Ummm, Ayesha you're in charge. Bye guys." She waved, and both Madisyn and Terry's mouth dropped in shock of who'd she put in charge, making her laugh.

She walked out of the side door of the kitchen, going to the front where Roman was still waiting for her. He took her tote bag and then grabbed her free hand, leading the way out of the door.

He was on a call with someone so Angel put her headphones back on, listening to Promises by Jhené Aiko. Obviously she had a favorite artist and in her eyes, no one could ever top her. Jhené's talent was unmatched.

"Thank you." She climbed in his truck after he'd opened the door for her, and he kissed her face in response before going around to his side.

Angel gazed out of the window as he pulled out of the parking spot, and Roman's hand reached over to rest between her thick thighs as if it was second-nature for it to be there.

When he tapped the same spot, she looked over at him to see that he was talking. Her noise-canceling headphones really blocked everything out. Hell, they'd better. She paid almost five hundred dollars for them.

"Yes?"

"Who made you sad?" He asked her, now off of the phone.

"Some girls who came a little while ago. I'm probably overreacting though."