So she started that morning with a content feeling in her heart, knowing she spent one last hurrah with her first love the day before, and that's how their story will end. Maybe it wasn't bad luck running into him after all, maybe it even helped give her some closure that she never received before.

Her plan for that day was to visit the annual carnival that was happening in the centre of the city. She had found an advertisement for it online and her heart leapt for joy. There were many carnivals in South Korea every year, but she never got to enjoy them because of her status. On the off chance she could go, she would feel restricted and insecure.

Once she came out of the shower, her phone beeped alerting her of a notification. She dried herself off before reading the message she received. It was one from Park Sooyoung.

'Hey Chae! I hope you're having fun. Jungkook hasn't been bothering you too much?' it read.

There was no way she knew about them spending the day together, right? Surely Jungkook had not shared with her as he didn't seem like the type to care enough to do so. Sooyoung must have been asking it as a general question.

'Nope! Not at all unnie, thank you,' she responded.

'Good, good,' Sooyoung texted back almost immediately. 'Let me know if he tries anything, I have no problem with kicking him in the balls.'

Chaeyoung laughed at her friend's most recent message.

Sometimes she wonders which side Sooyoung was on, if there even were any sides to take. She had been her friend first before they became step-siblings. But still, it would have been unfair to force her to pick. Chaeyoung was sure that though Jungkook entered her life much later on, Sooyoung loved and cherished him like he had always been her brother. And she was happy for her, no matter what Jungkook had done to her.

She opted for a very feminine outfit that day. A long floral maxi dress hugged her curves nicely and flowed down her long legs. She paired it with nude espadrille wedges and a small shoulder bag slung on her shoulder.

By her third day, most of her time had been spent on the train, traveling from one destination to the next. She didn't necessarily hate it, in fact, it gave her a feeling of peace. It was like a buffer between the all the chaos to be alone with her thoughts.

Once she arrived, she lined up like the rest at the ticket booth.

It was unexpectedly quite breezy that day and she didn't bring a jacket so she felt a bit cold, but she assured herself that she would feel better once she got on some rides and have that warm adrenaline rush through her.

As she walked through the gate, Chaeyoung gawked at the sight. It was beautiful. The carnival was a bit smaller than she was used to, but it added to the charm. There were fairy lights twinkling everywhere, with garlands of leaves strewn across the lamp posts. Along the paths were food stalls that offered different kinds of cuisines. The rides were simple but charming. There was a merry go round, bumper cars, funhouse, and more. But the best part was the quaint ferris wheel that stood tall, lighting up the area.

The sound of laughter and chatter could be heard clearly. It was music to Chaeyoung's ears. This is what she exactly needed after a tough couple of days.

That is until her eyes landed on a view she did not want to see, especially that early in the morning. She let out a big gasp as soon as she recognized a particular back with broad shoulders that looked unmistakably like a man she knew.