019

T H A T    B O Y

THE NEXT DAY, Blade seems fine. Just his usual self and he shows no aggressive reaction but this time he acted cold towards Serenity. Yesterday he was all smiles when with her but now he looks rather a little distracted.

I sigh deeply and turned off the monitors and grab my purse and phone. I locked my office and head off to my car. After a 20 minute drive I reach the hospital and after parking I walk in with my mind still on Blade's action. I went out of the office earlier and it's just 5:30 in the afternoon. The hallways is busy with nurses, patients, and other people walking by. I look at their faces specifically their the expression displayed on to every person I passed by.

I shook my head to get rid of my thought of Blade and focused on the people I'm passing by.

A grumpy nurse pushing a wheel chair...

A furious visitor demanding answers from a nurse...

A man talking to someone on the phone...

My feet froze and my mind went blank. Something was not right. My eyes fell down on his exposed neck and the tattoo displayed on it.

A skull with a crack. And the skull is on fire.

A sharp pain in my head made me wince while i hold my gaze on the man. Until he turned his way on the corridor and he disappeared from my gaze. I stare blankly at where he was as the ache in my head worsens.

Another wave of the pain and a small yell escape my lips. I hold my head and closed my eyes hoping for it to go away. But a scene flashed through my head uncontrollably.

"Everything will be okay... Just stay strong. Please stop crying..." I said and in front of me is a young boy. Everything is a blur so is his face. But his body is clear on view and I can see him trembling as he clench his fist.

"N-no. I don't want to. I can't. I need to do something. I need to hurt something, someone, or anything..." He said with his shaking voice. I took a step closer to him and tried to embrace him in a hug. But instead, I was push off on the ground and his body stilled. But he stood there for a moment and turn his back and left.

A groan left my mouth and I notice someone step forward and ask if I'm okay. But I pay them no attention as the ache in my head increases.

"Stop! No more please! I'll behave next time!" He pleaded but the older man continued to hit him with a belt with an amused smirk on his face.

Another hit caused him to shout and I flinch back. I step away from the fence where I'm peaking through a hole. I gulp and cover my ears to try and cover the sound of his cries and plead. I felt my cheeks dampen as tears fell continuesly. I flinch everytime he shouts but I stayed on the same spot.

I don't know what to do... I don't know...

I shout in my head and waited for silence. When it came I quickly peak through the hole again and saw him laying on the grass with cuts and bruises and the older man had left. Worry filled me and I immediately push through that one broken fence. It serves as a way for us to meet. I run to his shaking figure and kneel down beside him.

"G-go away please." He said but I shook my head and tried to help him stand up. But instead, he push me away again hard enough to make me fall on the ground.

"I said go away! Leave me alone!" He yelled at me but I shook my head again refusing to leave him in this state.

"I won't leave. I will help you, I promise." I said.

"No I don't want help! Just leave please... I don't want to hurt you. Go away!" He shouted but still, I refuse and hold his bruised arm.

"I'm worthless. I'm helpless... I hate them! I hate them! I hate this!" He shouts while hitting his head with his fist. I pleaded him to stop I did my best to calm him down but to no avail he continued on harming himself.

"Miss! Are you okay?"

"Can you hear me? Just breathe, Miss. Listen, just breathe slowly."

Voices are everywhere and my eyes open to see that I'm surrounded with people. But everything was blurry and my is head spinning. It felt cold and I realize I was already laying on the ground. My eyes felt heavy and slowly closed then everything went blank.

"Papà please stop the car! We can't leave! We can't leave, Papà! No no no no stop the car now please!" I cried and pleaded the man beside me. But he was unaffected and only looked out the window.

"We're moving away now whether you like it or not, Ynalyn Rose." He said. I shook my head rapidly and look outside the window. I sob when I caught a glimpse of the house and the window on the second floor. The little boy staring out the window didn't missed my gaze. I punch the car window as I beg for it to open when the house is out of my view.

"Papa let's go back please! I can't leave him... I can't!"

"Hush those nonsense now Ynalyn. He can handle himself."

"But Papà he's hurting! He has no one! He needs me, Papà! I need to help him." I argued hoping for the car to stop.

"No. I said no. It's not your responsibility to help that boy. He'll be fine there so stop crying, Ynalyn." He said sternly.

"N-no... He's not fine. He won't be." I sob but Papà didn't listened. He never listened. My mouth shut as I gave up begging him. He never listens to me. Tears flow out my eyes non stop as I held the puppy on my lap closer. The puppy looks at me with those blue eyes same as his. I sniffled feeling devastated that I never even gotten his name despite the short time we've been seeing each other.

---------

Double update ngayon dahil matagal akong inactive dito. Nagkasakit kasi ako nung nakaraang linggo tas tambak pa school works this week😢

Mag-uumpisa na update sa Broken Pieces malapit na! (You can check my profile if you're interested) Similar siya sa book nato pero different parin in a lot of ways.