Breakdown

It has now been a week since Jace carried me to bed I'm not sure what's going on he's never here,he always comes home late and is never there when I wake up.
It's strange sometimes I want to ask him why but I just leave him to it because what's if it's something bad or dangerous that would explain the bruising and cut on the lip.
It's now the middle of spring so the weather is getting nicer so I decide to go outside and read on a lounger I'm reading my book when I hear my phone ring.
The caller ID says Henry do i answer it I haven't spoken to him since he left.
"Hey, how are you, how is Africa ?"

"It's amazing I love it, it's such a nice experience being able to help people get better ."

"That's so good I'm glad your enjoying it and having fun."

"I have to tell you something Evie, I have met someone out here she is a nurse also doing the same thing as me. She's really nice and caring I really like her and you would to her name is Amanda."

I was shocked I never thought Henry would ever start dating someone after what happens with Alice his last ex girlfriend she absolutely broke his heart. They were together for about 3 years and she cheated on him for a whole entire year, he found out because he came home early from a vacation once and caught them in the middle of hooking up. She confessed everything to him and he's was sooo upset.

"Wow that's really nice I'm glad you have found someone."

"Ahh that's Evie I'm glad you said that, well I have to go now it was nice to speak to you I will be home in a couple of months."

"Okay bye see you then."
I came inside from reading and decided to make some lunch I made a quick salad hen there was a knock at the door.
I thought who the bell could it be Jace has a key and I'm not exactly expecting anyone to come over all of my friends live about 2 hours away and spring break isn't till tomorrow.

I open the door to be met with the tall skinny blonde girl wearing a tight black dress with her fake boobs poking out the top. It was my best friend Lana.
"LANA, what the fuck are you found here spring break isn't till tomorrow I've missed you so much !!!"

" Heyyyy babe I know i decide to come back a day early to surprise you i thought I could come stay with you for a couple of days before I drive home."

" That's amazing come in I will get some drinks and do you want anything to eat i just made a salad and there is extra?"

"That would be amazing thanks hun how have you been since being home how's Jace ?"

"Ugh don't even he's annoying and he's never home he always comes home late and is gone when I wake up but I must admit he's so hot and I hate that I think that but he carried me to bed the other night so many he's not the worst person in the world, but being home has actually been okay it better than i thought just keeping myself busy , how has collage been"

We talk all day and had a really nice catch-up it's now about 9pm Lana went to shower and go to bed she had a long flight and is really tired . I decided to go out to the store and get some stuff for brunch tomorrow as I wasn't tired and I had nothing to do, I got stuff for pancakes, bacon and eggs, pastries and mimosas on the way back from the i hear this ding suddenly the gas is running low in my car I'm no where near a gas station.
I'm about 20 minutes from home I'm praying I make it and don't run out.

About 5 minutes later my car starts to slow down " fuck you stupid idiot what are you slowing down." I shout and i pullover I'm stranded on the side of the road in the dark on my own there is no way I'm getting out of this car.
I notice a car pull up behind me and a man gets out he approaches my car and knocks on the window asking to come in I don't open it and I lock my doors I'm freaking when I don't let him in he gets angry as starts banging louder.
What the hell am I gonna do Lana is asleep I can't call her.
Then I think of Jace I'm going to have to call him as much as I don't want to but this creepy man is trying to break in my car .

I call his contact
"Evie what do you want ?"

"Jace please come get me I have broken down and there is a creepy man trying to get into my car he won't stop banging on my windows I have no one else to call Lana is at home asleep oh yeah Lana is here she surprised me but what just come and get me !!!!"

"I'm on my way it will be alright love send me your location."

An —
Ahh left you on a cliff hanger don't forget to comment and tell me if you like it 🤍