Chapter Sixteen - The Hunt's End

After dealing with Vlad, Team RWBY regrouped with Pyrrha and Suki. Pyrrha was taken aback by what Ruby had done. Without warning, Ruby hugged Pyrrha. Pyrrha said nothing as she simply hugged Ruby. 

Yang: I....I can't believe we let Vlad fool us all. If we'd listen to Repton, maybe none of this would've happened....

Weiss: There's nothing we can do to change the past. We...we have to move forward. It's all we can do. 

As Weiss said that, multiple glowing red laser sights were seen flashing on the group. Without hesitation, Team RWBY along with Pyrrha and Suki readied their weapons for battle. When the Predators uncloaked, they didn't make any more on them. 

Blake: They're...they're not attacking....

Yang: I don't like this...

Suddenly, an Ancient Predator approached the group. The Ancient Predator locked eyes with the battle hardened group. Pyrrha immediately knew what was going on. 

Pyrrha: This....this is one of their leaders. 

Ruby: What...what is he doing? 

Pyrrha: He....he seeks to challenge us to honorable combat.

As Pyrrha said that, the rest of the group made it clear that they had accepted the Ancient Predator's challenge. As the group readied their weapons, the Ancient Predator salutes them with a Combi Stick. The Ancient Predator then lets out a mighty roar. In that moment, the group battled against the Ancient Predator. Despite having the numbers against the Ancient Predator, the group were unable to land a strike on the Predator. Ruby then uses her Petal Burst to blitz around the Predator. Ruby lunges forward and slashes at the Ancient Predator with Crescent Rose. Weiss follows through by plunging her blade into the ground, summoning a circle of ice across the pavement that causes the Ancient Predator to slip.

Ruby: Freezer Burn!

Ruby and Blake jump back out of the way as Weiss performs her same ice-circle trick, but backs out of Yang's way when she jumps into the air and hits the epicenter with her Ember Celica, creating a wave of mist that surrounds the Predator.

Pyrrha: Don't stop!

The Ancient Predator adjusts the thermal vision on his biohelmet, barely seeing the afterimage of Blake and narrowly missing the dashing Yang. The Ancient Predator manages to cut through the afterimage of Blake, but out from the blast comes Ruby, who slashes the metal with her blade, causing it to falter.

Ruby: Checkmate!

Blake and Weiss go in this time, each girl going for the feet until Weiss jumps up and stabs at the Predator's armor before leaping off of a white Glyph. The Ancient Predator then goes to attack Blake, but Pyrrha uses her Polarity Semblance to yank the Combi Stick out of the Predator's hands.

Pyrrha: Got you!

Weiss summons another Glyph under her teammate to launch her backwards before the killing blow can land. By this point, they got the Ancient Predator on the run. 

Ruby: Ladybug!

Ruby shoots herself forward and cuts at the Predator's legs, then turns as Blake aims herself at the Ancient's feet as well. They both dash forward and attack at the same time, circling each other around the Predator with each strike until they both launch themselves into the air and come down together on the shoulder, shattering the armor on shoulder. Despite this, the Predator stands tall. Yang doesn't waste a second, jumping onto the Predator's back and punching the top with fiery shotgun blasts. Suki then joins Yang and lands several slashes on the Predator's back. Brushing off it's injuries, the Ancient Predator brandishes a Plasma Scythe. 

Yang: This guy doesn't quit! 

Ruby: Neither will we! Let's finish this! Ice Flower!

Twirling their weapons so they both point at the Predator, Weiss creates a series of glyphs in front of the scythe's sniper barrel, and a single shot through the circles creates a dazzling spiral of energy that creates large icicles upon impact with the Ancient Predator. Ruby continues to shoot as Weiss freezes the fire, and as the ice completely envelops the Predator's body, Blake swings her partner around in a circle one more time while Suki lands several Chi Blocking strikes at the Predator's pressure points, but with the Predator unable to move, he is hit by the speed and power of Yang's fists, flying into the air before crashing down. After a moment, the Ancient Predator gets up. The Ancient Predator then charges at the group. One by one, the members of the group were immobilized by the Ancient Predator. Blake attempted to hit the Predator from behind, but he simply grabs Blake by the head and slams her to the ground. Weiss steps in and stabs the Predator in the chest, but the Ancient Predator grabs her. Yang then grabs the Predator and attempts to hit him with a double shot from Ember Celica with Suki preparing to strike with her Fans. However, the Ancient Predator easily dodges both of their attack and throws both them and Weiss against the wall. As Ruby was the last one standing, she tightly grips her weapon as she begins to hyperventilate. As the Predator moved to strike, Pyrrha jumps in and blocks the Scythe, impaling her.

Ruby: PYRRHA! 

Ruby leaps straight up into the air by several feet, leaving a column of falling rose petals. She turns as she descends and brings Crescent Rose down so that the scythe hooks into the Predator. After landing several slashes, Ruby switch to Crescent Rose's rifle mode. She fires several shots at the Ancient Predator. She follows through by landing several devastating slashes at the Predator. Ruby launches forward, spinning Crescent Rose rapidly. She then plunges Crescent Rose into the Predator's chest. Ruby then blasts the Ancient Predator back with a Fire Dust powered shot from her weapon's sniper mode, blasting him back. She then dashes forward and lands a fatal strike at the Ancient Predator. As the Ancient Predator was killed, Ruby rushes over to Pyrrha just as everyone was getting up. 

Ruby: Pyrrha....Pyrrha!

Pyrrha: Ruby....

Ruby: Why?! Why did you....

Pyrrha: Because...Remnant needs you...more than me. When you see Jaune....tell him I....

With that, Pyrrha died in Ruby's arms. The rest of the group joined Ruby in mourning the loss of Pyrrha. However, they were soon approached by an Elder Predator and the others. The rest of the Predators knelt before them. After that, the Predators collected the body of their fallen leader. As the Predators began to cloak, the Elder Predator presented the group with coordinates to what appeared to be a ship. 

Yang: What's going on?

Ruby: I think...they're rewarding us.....with a way home. 

The Elder Predator nods to them in respect. After the show of respect, the Elder Predator walks away and cloaks. Without hesitation, they travel to the coordinates which leads to a ship. As they approach the ship, it powers up. 

Ruby: Let's go home....

With that, Team RWBY and Suki entered the ship. As soon as they did, the ship leaves the Predator Planet. Team RWBY and Suki had survived the Great Hunt and were now free to go back home.