Kingpin Part II

💛

...

The sun, barely visible through the distant horizon, casts a subtle glow on the two lovers laying peacefully in bed. However, suddenly, Beyoncé is awoken from the quiet sound of her cellphone vibrating on her nightstand. Normani is still fast asleep on her chest, embracing her tightly as she snores. Their chests move in sync as they breathe in and out together, and Beyoncé feels like she's in heaven. After taking some time to admire her lover, the kingpin moves ever so slowly as to not wake her. She answers the call with her voice low.

"What?"

The person on the line remains quiet, then scoffs, sounding offended.

"Is that how you answer the phone? Really?"

The kingpin sighs, running her hand through her wavy tresses. She peers down at her girlfriend, making sure she isn't disturbing her peace.

"It's early, Solo. Normani's still asleep. Unless someone's dead, there's no reason for you to be callin' me right now."

The kingpin's second hand laughs over the line, sounding oddly energized, given how early it is. Beyoncé can only suppose she spent the night tripping out on drugs like she usually does.

"Nobody's dead yet, but they will be." Solange chuckles. "We got our missing girls. Jada, Nicki, and Cardi. Megan found those rats hiding out in some salon on third avenue." Solange pauses, sounding like she's taking a puff of a blunt or a cigarette. "Now King... I'm happy to take care of business for you if you want-"

"No," Beyoncé husks, her knuckles tightening a bit. "No one lays a hand on them. You leave that to me."

"Alright," her sister agrees. "But you need to get here quick. We're waitin' on you and their people might start lookin' for em any second now. We don't know how many are in on this."

Just as Beyoncé is about to respond, she feels Normani slowly start to stir in her arms. Her body shifts as her eyes open briefly, and she hums with delight as she's welcomed by the subtle morning light. The kingpin nearly melts at the confused expression that graces Normani's face once she finally gazes into her hazel eyes.

"B-baby?"

"Hold on," Beyoncé breathes into her phone, all her attention shifting towards Normani all at once.

"Hey beautiful," she whispers, grazing her thumb across her cheek. "I'm glad to see you awake. Good morning, angel..."

The younger woman, still appearing a bit dazed through her half awake, half asleep state, ignores her lover's greeting while stretching her body.

"What time is it? Who are you talking to?" she asks, nodding towards the older woman's phone. She really doesn't like when Beyoncé talks business first thing in the morning. This is supposed to be their time, and their time is sacred.