Muse

A/N: Friendly reminder that this is all just a work of fiction. I love all these women so much, and these portrayals are in no way accurate of them irl. As always, read with caution and leave me some feedback :)

🤍

...

"She's beautiful," Kelly observes, carefully flipping to the next page of the Harper's Bazaar magazine. As she combs through it, completely focused, page after page reveals to her a face forged from divinity. "Angelic, actually," Kelly reiterates after a short pause, taking the time to admire the model in the spread for just a little while longer.

"She is, isn't she?" Beyoncé agrees. The honey blonde bites her lip, running her fingers over the glossy pages of the magazine once Kelly sets it down. The way the model uses her body to convey her emotions, to entrance her audience... It's captivating. It's like she's selling much more than a dress. She's selling a story. An experience.

The photographer finds herself nearly at a loss for words the longer she looks at her

The longer she looks at Normani.

Beyoncé repeats the name in her head over and over again, familiarizing herself with it and the way it would sound rolling off her tongue. The name is unique, and quite beautiful. It matches the young woman perfectly, the photographer thinks.

"She's talented too," Beyoncé continues. "I've been hearing talk from all the biggest players that she's next up. That she's the one."

"Really?" Kelly asks, her interest in the model suddenly more piqued than before. This a common effect the young woman tends to have. Normani constantly has people at her feet, wanting to know more. "Who's been saying that?"

"Well," Beyoncé starts, "Valentino was practically gushing over her at a soirée I went to last week. He met her once and now he claims she's his muse," she responds humorously, lightly rolling her eyes as she takes a sip of her mimosa. "So there he was, drunk off a couple glasses of champagne as usual. He couldn't stop going on about how much he wants to dress her for the Met Gala, even though I told him it's a long shot. Every single designer I know is begging to walk that red carpet with her. Anna can't stop taking about her either," Beyoncé finishes, casually referring to the editor in chief of Vogue magazine.