32. Qingcang's Pain

Start from the beginning

Yichen stood in the attic, and the only light came from a small window on the far side of the place. He noticed two shimmering, translucent circles of light hovering in the center of the attic. The circles puled with energy, causing the air to crackle and pop.

Yichen cautiously stepped forward, feeling a strange energy filling the room. The portals continued to throb, sending shockwaves through the room and charging the atmosphere with electric power. "What is this?" he asked himself in amazement as he gazed at the strange phenomenon.

Approaching one of the portals, Yichen heard a low, ominous hum in response to each step he took. His heart raced as he extended his hand toward the portal's surface. As he reached out, he felt the hairs on the back of his neck stand up as he heard electrical sounds, almost like whizzing, coming from the portal.

"Unreal..." Yichen whispered, staring wonderfully as his pointing finger made contact with the portal. Suddenly, white light gathered around his body, and he felt a force pulling him forward. He tried to pull back, but it was too late. The light engulfed him, and he suddenly vanished, transported to another world.

.

.

.

Meilin sat admiring the beautiful night view on the Ferris Wheel, relaxing under the starry sky and before a reddish-pink horizon

Meilin sat admiring the beautiful night view on the Ferris Wheel, relaxing under the starry sky and before a reddish-pink horizon. She felt as though she was in a fairytale tonight.

However, Qingcang wanted to return to the moment of getting his answer from Meilin, as he was still pondering about that time before they got interrupted.

"Why do you want me to stay?" Qingcang suddenly asked, startling Meilin. "You were about to say this before that old woman came."

Qingcang's question took Meilin aback, and did not expect him to repeat it. She felt a painful stab in her chest as she thought about her answer and replied, "Because I fear for your safety."

Qingcang looked at Meilin with shock and was surprised to hear her answer. He froze, forming a slight frown as he thought, 'She's worried about my safety?' He asked curiously, "Why do you think I'm in danger?"

Meilin explained, "The night we met in the portal, your armor was battered, and you were covered in wounds. I don't want you to get hurt."

"