27. Gentle Closeness

Start from the beginning

"You'll be able to take bitter medicine," Qingcang replied in his usual deep voice. Meilin felt a shiver run down her spine as his inanimate eyes locked onto hers. She was drawn to him like a moth to a flame, unable to resist his commanding presence.

Meilin gazed at the Moon Supreme Lord's aloof eyes, marveling at how great he was at acting unaffected by their closeness

Meilin gazed at the Moon Supreme Lord's aloof eyes, marveling at how great he was at acting unaffected by their closeness. She had always thought Qingcang was bluffing when he claimed not to feel emotions because how could it be that he was so possessive of her and insisted on being with her all the time? To her, the acting in his eyes was so top-notch that she would have been convinced that he had no crush on her had he not been so protective of her after their accidental kiss in the portal. His touch was gentle, but his eyes showed that he was driven by war and domination. His eyes were calm but cold, exuding an air of strength and power. Despite his fierce aura as a conqueror, he had offered to help her voluntarily, without any pressure or force. He showed no emotion in his eyes, but she did not care; she still cherished their friendship.

Meilin slowly parted her lips willingly, and Qingcang's exceedingly handsome face drew closer, feeling her heartbeat quicken. His brown eyes fixed on her reddish-toned lips. She was surprised by the gentleness of his touch, which took her aback after his earlier display of power and authority. Their faces were now close, and his warm breath against her face sent shivers down her spine. His strong hand nestled her head, and he slightly opened his mouth before he moved closer to her lips. His innocent mind was confused that he felt her heart rate increase even more. His eyes, which had no shred of love and emotion, glanced again into her expressive and dynamic eyes, fixing his contrasting gaze on hers.

Their lips were less than half an inch apart, and Meilin's eyes widened in surprise at their sudden proximity. She could feel Qingcang's breath against her mouth, and her jaws shivered at the sensation. He softly breathed a pink-colored light into her mouth, and she felt his hot breath gently entering her mouth with the light as she felt his velvety breathing against her tongue. Her heart began to throb so fast that she thought it would burst out of her chest. She gasped at the feeling of his finger caressing her lower lip, and she was losing her mind from the intimacy she was having now with the Moon Supreme.

Qingcang noticed Meilin's intense feelings inside his heart, stirring and stretching their way into his unsettling mind as he was helping her to alter her taste buds. As his thumb rested on her lower lip, he felt it tremble slightly, sending warmth to his ice-cold heart. His breathing quickened, and he could not help but think, 'It's her...' His heart raced, leaving him confused. Furrowing his eyebrows, he took in all the sensations she was feeling. He could not take his gaze off her brown eyes, absorbing every secret they offered him without limitations.

As Qingcang's calm eyes roamed over Meilin's beautiful face, she saw a spark in his eyes that she had rarely witnessed before. 'It's the same harmless look I saw in his eyes when we first kissed inside the portal,' she thought. He looked at her innocently then, like a deer, just like he did now, as she saw the man behind the domineering Moon Supreme, which made her heart skip a beat.