28. How To Make Her Happy

Start from the beginning

Meilin did not argue with Qingcang, knowing that he was right. Her mind had been preoccupied lately, and she had been more absentminded than usual. She sighed deeply, feeling grateful for his care and concern.

Meilin was taken aback as Qingcang gathered his breath and blew cold air onto her hand

Meilin was taken aback as Qingcang gathered his breath and blew cold air onto her hand. She could feel the chill of his breath on her skin, and the act made her smile and felt flattered by his kindness. Immediately, the pain in her hand disappeared, and she was amazed at the power of his breath to stop the pain.

Qingcang finished blowing on Meilin's hand and lifted his eyes to meet hers. "Better?" he asked softly, searching for clues to speed up her recovery. 

Meilin playfully nodded and warmly smiled at Qingcang. "Yes, thank you!" she exclaimed cheerfully. However, she was surprised that he continued holding her wrist as if checking on her health.

'Her spiritual strength has increased,' Qingcang thought, eyeing Meilin's hand as he held it. 

Meilin, who had no idea what Qingcang was doing, slowly released his hand and wanted to return to the garden to set the breakfast she had prepared on the table for two. 

As Meilin reached for the frying pan, Qingcang quickly intervened. "Don't grab it," he ordered. "I'll bring it myself. From now on, you're not allowed to hurt yourself."

Meilin was surprised and blinked a few times. 'Are my ears deceiving me, or is he treating me better?' she thought, baffled. She continued with bringing the food to the backyard.

Qingcang observed Meilin's energy, noting the marked improvement in her spiritual strength when she experienced joy. "So, the secret to her spiritual recovery is not taking care of her body, but her heart instead?" he wondered, lost in thought. "How can I make her happy?" he muttered, curious for the answers.

Meilin stood amidst the vibrant garden, taking in the vivid colors of the surrounding flowers as they swayed gently in the morning breeze

Meilin stood amidst the vibrant garden, taking in the vivid colors of the surrounding flowers as they swayed gently in the morning breeze. The sun began peering over the horizon, casting a warm, golden glow upon the lush greenery. She closed her eyes, inhaling the sweet scent of the garden deeply, feeling a sense of calm and contentment wash over her.