23. Make A Wish

Začít od začátku

Qingcang raised an eyebrow, puzzled by the sudden urgency in Meilin's voice. "Why?" he asked.

"I forgot about the milk I went to buy!" Meilin replied in a panic, desperate to redirect the conversation away from her genuine emotions.

Qingcang was dumbfounded by Meilin's definition of an essential matter. He expressed irritation as he clenched his teeth and pressed his lips together. 'Silly human!' He thought to himself and could not help but let out a deep sigh. "Your stupidity makes you a danger to yourself," he said firmly, crossing his arms over his chest.

Meilin scowled at Qingcang's comment and retorted, "Well, I'm alive now, aren't I?"

Qingcang stood his ground; his arms still crossed over his chest. "Nonsense," he said sternly. "Remember that you belong to me, and I won't let you risk your life because it's mine. Understand?"

Meilin could not help but think, 'Is this his way of showing affection? He sure is terrible at it, but it's cute for trying.' She looked up at Qingcang and sized him up before replying, "Fine. I plan on staying alive anyways." She could feel his gaze piercing through her, making her uncomfortable.

Suddenly, Qingcang uncrossed his arms and walked towards Meilin, standing too close for her comfort.

Meilin stepped back and asked, "What are you doing?"

"I am taking you home," Qingcang replied matter-of-factly, his voice low and demanding.

Meilin felt weirded out by Qingcang's close proximity and asked, "How?"

"You'll know," Qingcang replied cryptically.

Meilin attempted to protest, stuttering over her words. "W-wait. Uhm, Pretty Eyes, WAIT!" But Qingcang impatiently grabbed her bridal style, and in a swift motion, he took off into the air at high speed, ignoring her babbling. She held his neck, afraid she would fall off, and yelled, "DONGFAAAAANG QINGCAAAAANG!" in his ear.

Qingcang demanded, "Stop yelling and stop blocking my view!" as Meilin's hands traveled to his eyes.

Meilin continued to scream, "YOU'RE GOING TOO FAST; I'M ONLY A HUMAN, NOT A ROCKET!" completely ignoring Qingcang's request.

"SILLY LITTLE HUMAN!" Qingcang yelled back as he grabbed Meilin's hands and forced them off his face.

Meilin continued to scream Qingcang's new nickname for the night, "DON'T DO THAT, OR ELSE I'LL FALL, YOU SILLY LITTLE DEMON!" which caught him off guard. He stopped flying high in the air at cloud level, where the stars looked the most beautiful and vibrant.

"What did you just call me?" Qingcang asked as he looked at Meilin with surprise, unsure of how to react, still feeling a little taken aback by her nickname for him. "Silly Little Demon?"

Meilin sighed in relief; her eyes relaxed as Qingcang waited for her answer, curious how she found out. "Hmph! From now on, I'll call you a demon whenever I see fit. You've almost killed me now!" she said as she looked at him, still slightly annoyed by his actions but relieved that she was not going to fall to her death.