20. Her 'Moon Fairy' Servant

Depuis le début

"F-force me?" Meilin asked in disbelief. She was stunned that Qingcang, the man who had opened up to her slightly, was being such a jerk suddenly and violating her when she was not feeling well.

"That's right," Qingcang sneered.

'This guy... I don't care if he's my guest or has saved me a few times. He needs to be put in his place this instant!' Meilin scowled at Qingcang, gritting her teeth, taking him aback by her sudden shift in behavior. "I want you to get your act together, starting right now. Got it?" she told him, looking fearlessly into his eyes. 'I shouldn't give in. He should learn to earn his right to be in my house. I'm not his maid,' she thought, taunting.

'How dare she make demands?' Qingcang thought, astonished by Meilin's boldness. Never in his life had he ever seen anyone not tremble at his feet, let alone steer him like a servant. His scowl intensified; he would not give in; he was born a prince, now a king. He would not serve others; instead, others should serve him. "Silly Little Human, I don't have time for your audacity. Get up and open the portal!" he exclaimed, grabbing her hand and lifting her to sit.

Qingcang suddenly felt a sharp pain in his lower abdomen. He groaned silently, his face contorting in discomfort.

"Oof! Pretty Eyes, I'm in pain. How do you expect me to open a metaphysical portal even though I have no powers?" Meilin asked, pouting. "Y-you're being a jerk..."

Panic washed over Qingcang as he realized what was happening. 'Not this again,' he thought, his heart racing. He knew what this meant - the same thing had happened before. Tears began to form in his eyes as he continued to think, 'This crybaby...'

"You're such a jerk!" Meilin cried out, tears streaming down her face.

"Don't cry," Qingcang said softly, his voice barely audible. He turned his back to Meilin as tears flowed down his face. He was secretly angry for going through this again and demanded, "Stop crying."

But Meilin could not stop her tears. "This week, I've been through hell. I've been betrayed, belittled by two people, and almost lost my life twice. Last night, I cried my heart out, and now my belly hurts. Do you have any idea what I'm going through?" she said, her voice cracking with emotion.

Qingcang, still his back facing Meilin, wiped his tears aggressively with his robe's wide, black sleeves, muttering silently under his breath, "I wish I didn't know." He replied, "Yes, I do," as he turned to meet her pitiful gaze.

Meilin scoffed and pouted, asking Qingcang in disbelief, "How would you know?"

"You want to get better quickly, am I right?" Qingcang asked, eyeing Meilin.

"Yes, but I won't get better soon," Meilin replied, her voice laced with pain. "Especially tomorrow, which is the most painful day for me."

Meilin's words had sent chills down Qingcang's spine and alarmed him. His patience was wearing thin as her words made him realize he might have to endure excruciating pain again. He had gone through it before and could tolerate it, but the thought of crying like a maniac irked him. He had a reputation to uphold, and such a display of weakness was not an option.

Additionally, Qingcang did not know how time worked in this world, and while he was away if civil wars might have broken out in his world, and his people might even be extinct by now. He knew he had to return and destroy the Fairy Realm to give glory to the Moon Tribe.

"When will you get better? Two days? Three days? Should I wait for you for four days or half a century?" Qingcang's impatience grew with each word he spoke, and his irritation was palpable.