Chapter Eight

Ok not too late of an update :) enjoy!

Alex quietly pulled out a communication device and did his best to find a spot where it would work.

"Come on," he said under his breath. "Aha. Got ya."

"Alex to Reaper," he said in a whisper.

"Reaper here," said a staticky voice.

"I'm staying the night at a farmer and his wife's house," he informed.

"Have you spotted Schmidt and his little brat yet?"

"No, sir," he answered.

"No one can know you were there. You will have to kill the farmer and his wife."

"But, sir, they just think I'm a hunter. They were kind. I can't just kill them," he said.

There was silence on the other end for a long time.

"You will kill them or I will kill you," Reaper finally replied. "Understand?"

"Uh- understood, sir," Alex stuttered.

*********************************

Johann's eyes snapped open. He hadn't heard anything but something didn't feel right. Caty was still sleeping maybe he was just being paranoid. No he wasn't his instincts never failed him. He reached over to the nightstand careful not to wake up Caty and grabbed his gun. He then stuck his arm under the loose blankets.

He was glad he had done this because no sooner had he hid his gun then he heard someone coming down the stairs. The footsteps came down the hall and stopped in from of their room. He closed his eyes half way in pretense of being asleep. The door didn't open for a long time. Finally he heard the doorknob turn and the door creak open. Alex walked quietly towards them. He stood right over them but Johann didn't move.

"I'm sorry about this. I really am but I have to follow orders," Alex said as he raised a knife. Johann sat up and whipped out his gun. Caty jolted awake at the sudden movement.

"Don't move," Johann said harshly. Caty scrambled off the bed and took the knife from the spy.

"You speak English," Alex said. "You were the people I was sent to find. Here I was thinking that you were just a young couple that I had to kill because they couldn't know I had been here."

"We aren't so easily murdered," Johann said standing up.

"Well, go on then," Alex said closing his eyes. "Shoot."

Caty shook her head at Johann. "He has information we could use."

"Alright but if he makes any attempt at escaping or cutting our throats I will not hesitate to shoot him."

"You aren't going to kill me," Alex said wide eyed. "But aren't you the cold blooded killer called Red Skull."

"Red Skull yes but not a cold blooded killer anymore," he said. Caty had brought some rope and was beginning to tie Alex up.

"Sorry but you should have killed me," Alex said.

Johann narrowed his eyes and then grabbed Caty and dove out of the way. To Catalina's shock Alex blew up. Literally he just splattered everywhere.

"Johann! The wall is on fire!"

"Get out," he said. She nodded and reached for her bag. "No time, go!"

Caty stood up and grabbed her bag anyway. She ran towards the front door and Johann followed close behind. The house went up in flames.

"Are you ok, Johann?" Caty said turning around. Except he wasn't there. "Johann!"

She started to run back into the house but the door flamed as she tried to enter.

"Johann!"

********************************

Johann coughed as smoke filled his lungs. He had been cut off from the front door. He could hear Catalina calling his name. He ducked and ran towards the back. He stopped by the parlor and grabbed his bag on the way. He ran towards the back door but it too was engulfed in flames.

Meanwhile Caty was about ready to pull her hair out. He was going to get out right? Caty looked up at the roof. It was flaming high into the night sky. It was a very old house it could come down any second. Almost as soon as she thought it there was a groaning and creaking sound.

Caty screamed as the old house crashed to the ground destroying all with in.