15. The Other Side

Start from the beginning

"Ok. So you founded the company, and branched off into three locations, owned and operated by three different people? which, makes you corporate?" I reach for clarity.

"Oh! Well not exactly. I own and operate all three."

"Ok. Got you." My brain catches up.

I go into my computer and correct his mistake.

"And you need a financial manager for which location?"

"All of them."

Sheesh.

"Oh. Ok, no problem." I say. "So have you had any assistance before or?"

"Well yes. When I first launched I did have a chief financial manager within the company, but she had to resign. So I've been trying to handle it on my own and.." he makes a crazy face. "It's just not as easy as I thought."

"Right." I chuckle. "Ok. Well here's what I can do. If you provide me with your financial records, I will walk you through the application and see if we can get you approved."

I shot him a friendly smile.

"That would be great Candice, Thank You."

"Not a problem, but I must inform you that due to the initial denial, your application has been flagged as fraudulent. However, don't be alarmed." I laugh. "We can fix this! But I will need to send your application to the Boss Lady in order to get you approved." I inform him.

He squirms in his seat before giving me an awkward smile.

"Ok. Thank You."

***
I spent nearly 45 minutes revising his application before it was presentable for Royalty.

"Alright Mr. Vets," I staple the necessary documents to the back of his application. "I just need your signature here and I'll get that sent over for you."

I hand him a pen after marking the designated area for his signature.

He scribbles his signature and slides the documents back to me.

"Jessica, this is Candice. Are you available?" I call for Royalty's assistant over the walkie talkie.

"I'm here, Go ahead." She responds.

"I need a verification from Boss Lady. Is she in?"

"She's out on an early lunch with Mr. Heights." She refers to Rashad.

"Ok. Do you know when she'll be back?" I ask.

The line was still for a minute.

"Jess?"

"Oh! My bad." She laughs. "She should be back in 15." She confirms.

"Perfect." I nod as if she could see me. " I'm gonna send the client to the waiting room. Can you go grab him when she's back?"

"Will do." She agrees.

I hand his driver's license back before gathering the documents again.