Chapter 13

"Cade Yeager. I'm an inventor. " Cade started to introduce himself. I leaned back on the chair and i crossed my arms over my chest. I was waiting for us to talk from the important things.

"Oh, you're an inventor." Viviane asked skeptical voice tone.

"Yes, i am." Cade agreed and nodded. Viviane turned to stare at me and raised her eyebrows and like she was waiting for mine approval. I just shrugged and nodded. Cade wasn't wrong 'cause he was an inventor.

"What have you invented?" Viviane asked. 

"A lot of things." Cade spitted.

"Like?" Viviane asked again. 

There was a silence between all of us and i turned to look at Burton. Even he looked done and was ready to continue.

"Like a lot of things. Like... Things that you've heard of." Cade tried to thinks something but sadly he was failing soon.

"Like?" Viviane repeated. 

"Well, things that you will have heard of, okay? Patents are pending." Cade explained and turned to look at me and Burton. 

"Ah." Viviane murmured.

"Ah? Don't say that. What's ah? You know, i could do that, too. Oh, i'm English, and i'm too cool for feelings. What, i've come here to be insulted by some over-educated ivory-tower princess in a stripped dress? " Cade was getting mad and didn't even think what he was saying.

"Cade!" I raised my voice.

"Stripper?" Burton asked. 

"Well, only in America is a finer education an insult. And if my dress makes you feel uncomfortable, then maybe i could take it off." Viviane was calm and reached his tea cup. Cade stared at her, his mouth open.

"Okay." Cade murmured.

"Fucking sake..." I whispered and i pinched my nose bridge. 

"That's enough!" Cogman snarled. He started to run towards Cade and jumped on the table. After that he jumped on Cade and pushed him to the ground.

"No, no, no!" Cade yelled. 

"Cogman?" Burton asked nicely and calm voice tone while Cade was choking.

"Y/n!" Cade tried to yell. 

"Shall i take his head off, madam?" Cogman asked from Viviane.

"Tempting, but, um, i can defend my own honor. " Viviane smiled in pure satisfaction.

"But i do so very much want to crush his windpipe. " Cogman muttered in pure anger.

"Control, Cogman. You must learn to control that impulse. Channel it into other things." Burton told Cogman who eventually let Cade go. 

"Yes, my lord. Like making beds or cooking food. Polishing the silver. I aam trying, my lord. " Cogman said and then lifted Cade and his chair from the ground. 

"He's a headmaster. A very rare breed. " Burton said and Cogman started to hit himself.

"That dude is disturbed, yeah? Like, seriously evil. Like, split personality. " Cade pointed at Cogman.

"Okay, this looks like it isn't going anywhere so it was nice to meet you all. I have some friends to save." I smiled and i stood up. 

"Friends?" Viviane asked and i wasn't sure if he was being rude or just interested.

"Yeah, friends." I repeated.

"Let me show you something. Follow me." Burton said and pointed the other room. We followed Burton and we entered to this other room.