Chapter Twenty Five | Tick Tock, Off Time Goes-Like The Lies.

Start from the beginning

"Go out?"

"Yeah, for dinner...if you're up to it." I hesitated for a second.

"I should be with Nora..."

"Right, yeah, sorry wrong timing.." Then guilt messes me up. I know he is struggling with this more than me. It was his half brother at the end of the day.

"Maybe after I put them to bed?" I suggested, he smiles nodding his head. We arrive at Nora's school, I left Charlie with Darren as I walk inside the school. I am greeted at the reception, "hello, I am here to see Nora." I tap my finger on the counter. She points for me to sign in, I pick the pen up from the string and sign my name on the attendance list.

"She's sitting over there." She points.

"How was she?"

"Sad..." Nora is seated in the corner, staring down at her hands, when I peek around. I walk up to her, she doesn't glance up, but I take my time and sit beside her. I lean in and press the side of her head against my chest. She was the one who took Luca's death the worst; she was young, but she loved Luca with all her heart. He was her only family left. 

"I miss him and her..." She whispers, I bite onto my quivering lip as I stroke the back of her head.

"I know, I know baby, I miss him too. And I know your mummy misses you so much more." I admit.

"How do you do it? How do you lose someone you love? Are you okay?"

"I'm okay..." A tear leaves my eyes. "But I'm also stranded in the middle of the ocean with a thousand waves crashing over me, so I suppose in a way I'm drowning. He isn't gone baby; he is right here and so is Anna." I press onto her heart; she sniffles looking up at me. "He is right next to you, to the both of us." She chuckles, wiping her tears as she remove herself from my hug.

"You never got to say goodbye."

"Neither of us did but that's just how life is..."

We hear a loud scream of heaps of laughter, I roll my eyes seeing that little monster rushing towards us. But this little monster makes Nora laugh brightly, I look up to see Darren looking around as if he has lost her. Darren. I don't know where I would be without him. He has been my rock this entire time.

He helped me through everything, Charlies diapers, Nora's schoolwork even though he failed high school. "She's over here Darren." I shout, he snaps his head and a wave of relief slaps him in the face.

"There you are!" He shouts, these people are in a church and are screaming like we own the school. He rushes towards us with the buggy, I pick Charlie up and put her in the stroller. She chews onto my hair; I try to get her to stop but those baby teeth goddammit.

"Charlie! Ow!"

"Okay, they're asleep

"Okay, they're asleep." I see Darren's mother; I kiss her cheeks as in a way of thanking her but she just brushes me of with a huge smile. "Thank you so much Abuela,"