Chapter Sixteen | Kisses In-Between Lies.

"A lotus flower, isn't that very sentimental of you?" Layla smiles lightly.

"I saw it, and i knew this was meant for her." Layla hands me a drink, our sixteenth session this month but i feel as if I have been here for sixteen years. "I have never bought a woman a necklace."

Layla squints to something on my neck, "why do you have it?"

I look down at the necklace around my neck, "because she-I don't want to talk about it."

"Okay, we'll get there. So how does the story add up?" Layla changes the subject of the necklace.

"I started feeling something, right here," I point to my chest. "But only when I was around her, when I smelt her, saw her or even accidentally touched her. My chest felt as if it wanted to leap to her."

"Your heart Luca."

"What?"

"You felt it in your heart, because you loved her."

"Love."  I whisper, "I love her so much Layla,"

"If I could hug you, I would Luca." She whispers.

"I know."

"So, did the plan for her father continue?" I nod my head.

The gala occurred this week, and my leg is completely recovered, but time moves quickly

The gala occurred this week, and my leg is completely recovered, but time moves quickly. Maximus tries to fight me back as I continue to chase him around the kitchen island before I capture him and hurl him into the air. I then trip and fall to the couch.

"Ha-ha! And who do you belong too!" We were mimicking pirates; he held his plastic sword right at my neck.

"I'm not saying a thing." I bring out my fingers and tickle his stomach, he chuckle abruptly and let's go of the sword instantly.

I yank it and push it into his stomach, he gasps and grabs his stomach before faking his death.

"Max! Dinner!" He emerges from the dead and starts running towards the dining area as Mila shouts out. I furrow my brow in observation. I continue to stroll after him along the hallways when I start to hear whispering coming from a room.

I raise a brow, walking towards the door to see Darren on a flip phone of some sort.

"I can't tell you anymore! It would be to bait," he rushes a hand through his hair. "He's falling in love with the girl, I think we found our weak point. Luca Romano can finally be broken."

Am I the girl?

I observe him approaching the door and quickly hide behind a wall as he closes the phone and places it back into a box before stowing it under his bed. He walks out, heading to the dining table.

I look between both sides before pushing myself into his room, I tip toe to the black box he pushed under his bad and slide it out. I settle it into the bed, flicking the lid off.