Chapter Nineteen | Lies Have Gone, Here Comes Truth.

"Athena is Amara?" Layla whispers out in utter shock. "She-she lied about who she was the entire time?"

"And I love Amara, not Athena. The person who took my heart was Amara."

"That's why you called her, your first love." My jaw tenses. "But why did you get angry at her? She was protecting her sister."

"Because it hurt, someone that I love lied to me. If she told me, I would have protected her."

"You threatened her-you said you'd put a bullet in her brain."

I close my eyes, "I don't want to speak about this."

"No, we will speak about this. You took one step forward and ten back within a day." She sighs and we sit in silence for a moment. "I still am confused, so explain it again."

"The Athena I married is really called Amara, her sister was pregnant with Elias' child but the contract her father signed with my father states that Athena must be a virgin and untouched. Otherwise, she would be killed. So, Amara took Athena's place, and pretended to be her. She married me and had to pretended she loved Elias when really she did not."

Layla sighs.

"You used this situation as an excuse." She speaks out, standing from her chair.

"Excuse me."

"I said, you loved her-and you were doing so well. But the minute you had an excuse to leave her, you took it." She snapped at me.

"I know." I whisper.

Her eyes widen in shock that I agreed to her, "so what happened next?"

"Well, she found a bracelet with Caleb and Anna's name on it."

"This is like the third bracelet she found, first Elias and Anna and then Darren and Anna."

"And you'll understand why..."

He left me to fend for myself

With my father dead, the entire mafia empire feared the name Romano.

I had to sneak out, with the bracelet in my hand-if I was right.

Then I know exactly what happened to Anna.

And that Caleb is one clever man.

It all made sense; everything is starting to make sense.

Darren and Elias were used as bait.

And Luca is in danger.

Thankfully I remember my way to the estate, I made sure to run there with all my might. Though Luca broke my heart and left me for good. I would always protect the people I love, and I know that after today. We are over for good.

I have never been in love with anyone before, I have never felt any sort of butterflies and mostly because I never got the chance too.

And the moment I do, it is shattered.