Chapter Twenty Four | Didn't Make A Sound, The Truth.

I hear four shots go off, and a ringing in my ears pound my head. I scream as Luca slowly grabs onto his chest; his white shirt was stained with red blood as he slowly drops to his knees. With one last kick of the door, I fly out and crawl towards him.

I grip his body and try to cradle him in my lap, smoothing his hair back and dropping my head against his chest. As I try to stop the bleeding, I feel his fingers scrape my hair back as he glances into my eyes. It was his blood that caressed my fingertips. I batter his face up, the wretched colour of blood, as his eyes close. "Luca!" I scream as I kiss his lips all over. I could not breathe, "Luca...Luca baby...don't leave me..." I try to drag him with all my might, but I myself am broken.

I am weak.

I grab onto his hands and settle them onto my stomach, watching a soft tear leave his eyes as i wipe it away with my thumb. His eyes slowly close. "I think I'm pregnant..." I feel strong arms around my waist yank me away from him.

Darren.

I begin fighting him before he roughly shoves me inside of the car and slams my door closed, my hands press onto the windows as the car drives away. The dirt in the air, I watch the love of my life die with his blood in my hands.

Guilt.

I guess forever did not actually mean forever and at the end I realised he was the spark I needed to be set ablaze, but I was no longer his. And the moment I finally found my home, it was not a building, but two eyes and a heartbeat.

I knew I could fall in love with something, someone just as broken as me because I hated myself forever but him...oh...man he made me fall. But the worst thing about loving someone to the depths of your soul is knowing that you will lose them. Nothing and no one lasts forever.

At least, now, I knew what it felt like to breathe.

We have been on the road for six hours, six hours since I saw the love of my life shot. Dead? I do not know, I held onto the necklace tightly as tears continue to fall down my eyes. I stare down at my hands, it dropped onto my lap whilst some is stained into the outlines of my hands. His blood is on my hands, I am the cause of this.

"Do you Athena Grey take Luca Romano to be your lawfully wedded husband? To have and to hold, in sickness and in health, in good times and not so good times, for richer or poorer, keeping yourself unto him for as long as you both shall live?"

The silence circled around in my mind, the question alerted every never and fibre of my being.

I glance down at his hands being wrapped with mine, my white lace gloves circling his tanned skin. I gulp down my saliva and inhale deeply before I could have any sort of attack.

My eyes betrayed me and looked up, they locked with a pair of green ones. In those green eyes, I saw what I think is a future. His pale green eyes had the softness of developing buds and the hope of spring.

The strong wind of the open window flushing against my face, I bring my knees close to my body.

 "That's a one hundred and fifty thousand dollar-watch." My head shoots up and locks with a pair of green ones, he stood by the door-having to bend his head a little due to the height.

"I am so sorry." I whisper.

He walks towards me, takes the watch from my grasp before chucking it onto the glass table.

Sadness claims my stomach, I felt so bad.

"I'll-I'll pay for the damages."

"With what money?"