Chapter Twenty Four | Didn't Make A Sound, The Truth.

Start from the beginning

"Amara, it's not your fault." Darren whispers, I wanted to reply but nothing exited my mouth. Because it is my fault. I should have let him leave when he had the chance.

I killed Luca Romano.

"I love you Amara." He whispers against my swollen lips.

"And I love you Romano."

"I promise to always protect you, always and forever," his wet hair touched my forehead, the drops falling down my cheeks. His hands wrap itself around my waist, he glances at my stomach for a quick second before smiling sinisterly.

"Always and forever."

"We said always and forever." I look at Darren. "And we broke it, and it's my fault and now he's dead!" I choke onto my tears.

"He isn't dead, Amara."

"He is dead. I saw him get shot." I argue.

"Amara, he handled three bullets to the shoulders. I am sure he isn't dead." I look back to see a sleeping, Nora. Darren parks up into a motel and exits the car, "okay, we need to shower and change, by the time I fix our passports up."

How is he handling this situation so well?

His brother is dead.

I exit the car slowly, feeling pain between my legs as I open Nora's door, but Darren got there first and picks her sleeping body up.

I smile kindly as we make our way inside the reception. The women chews onto her gum before throwing us a key. I caught it since Darren's hands are full. "Room 304." We walk down the hallways, before arriving at our door. I push the key inside revealing a good enough bedroom with two beds.

Darren shuts the door behind me and rests Nora onto the bed along with the suitcase of all our things. "Go shower." He tells me, I nod my head and walk inside the bathroom, I switch on the water.

I strip of my clothing, including Luca's blazer which is the only thing keeping me going, having his scent around me. On me.

Shower water comes as perfect rain, warm and steady, awakening my skin in all the right ways. My hair darkens, as my eyes travel down to the ring around my neck.

The blood gushes down my body and onto the floor, i watch it drain down the sink. And it happened, I broke down. Sliding down the tiles of the bathroom, my fingers rushing through my wet hair.

Tears fall down my eyes, I felt so dirty. Blood. So much blood. I lost everyone in my life, I sob loudly. Choking onto the water, I grab the scrub from the packet and scrub the blood of my hands. I scream into the shower. My body physically shaking at his blood.

His blood.

I killed him. I killed Luca.

I should have helped him. I should have forced him to get in the car.

"You really tried to kill your own husband after four days of being married?"

"You're nothing to me." I growl out, "I hate you!"

"Ouch, my heart." He releases a soft chuckle. "I knew there was more to you than meets the eye." I jerk my knee into his stomach which distracted him, I grab his gun and push him off me as I find my stance on the floor. I aim the gun at him, and he shakes his head.

He stands from the bed, and walks towards me.

He grabs my wrist and lifts it higher for me to reach his head, "shoot me Grey."

"Don't tempt me Luca."

I scrub my body, from all the dirty hands that has touched me.

He looks at me from the mirror, before bending his head down towards my ears. "I don't like people complimenting what is mine before I do."