Part 14- on Wheels

Aaliyah's P.O.V
"Hey Ali," Dr Halstead walked into her room, "you get discharged today!"
"Really?" I ask
Dr Halstead nods his head.
I smiled and reach over to shake Mom's shoulder. She woke up with a start.
"Whaa?" Brett looked around.
"Hey mom," I chuckled, "I am being discharged."
"Alright!" Mom stood up and stretched.
Dr Halstead brought in a wheelchair and helped me into it,he then pushed it to the door with mom following. From there mom pushed me to the car. She helped me in and then put the wheelchair in the boot. I texted Lillian.

Text:
A= Aaliyah
Baby Girl= Lillian

A= hey babe. I'm out of the hospital can I come over to yours?
Baby Girl= of course my love. See you soon ❤️❤️❤️💖💖💖🏳️‍🌈
A= yep

End Text

We pull up moments later at Lillian's. Mom gets my wheelchair out and helps me into it. I wheel myself up the ramp to the door. I ring the doorbell. Lillian's mom answers.
"Hey Li, she's in her room." Her mom smiles.
"Thanks Kate!" I replied and wheel myself in.
Mom comes in after and talks with Kate. I knock on the door. Lillian opens it.
"Hey babe" I smile
"Hi," she kisses me.
"Bye Ali," I hear my mom yell.
"Bye!" I yell back.
I drag myself out of my wheelchair and onto Lillian's bed. She sits down beside me.
"Whatcha wanna do?" She asks
"Watch TikTok's with you."
Lillian smiled and jumps down on the bed beside me. We scroll through TikTok before deciding to film one. We do one each for our accounts. I post one showing everyone about my new wheelchair. Lillian posts one about me saying how much she loves me still. We smile and lay down together. We were watching Netflix when I hear Kate call my name.
"Ali," Kate yells up, "your mom's here."
"Coming" I yell back.
Lillian helps me into my wheelchair and I wheel out of her room. I go down the hall and see my mom standing there with the twins. Mayve reaches out her tiny little arms. I pick her up out of mom's arms and hold her. Lillian pushes me out to the car.
"Bye my love." Lillian kisses me, "see you on Monday when we start year 10."
I nod and put Mayve into her car seat. My mom helps me up into the seat next to her and puts my wheelchair away. I began to tickle Mayve as she giggles. I smile. We get home and my mom puts the twins to bed before cooking dinner. I head to my room to do some research. I couldn't be a police officer anymore so I try to find something else I find in street in. It's then I think about medicine. What if I become a doctor. I had to come up with a decision because at the start of year 10 I had to decide which course I would take in school. I go onto the school website and look for year 10 courses in medicine. I find one which is for paediatric medicine. I wanted to help kids. I click on it and fill out information. They say that they will email me back if I get in. It was apparently a hard course. I go out to see my mom serving up sausages and mash potato. She handed me my tray which I clipped onto my wheelchair and I ate my dinner. After I told my mom about me registering for the course.
"I'm registering for a paediatric medicine course for year 10." I explained to mom.
"I'm proud of you sweetie." My mom smiled.
I nodded. I left and did my teeth. I brushed my hair out. It had grown long and reached down my back. I wheeled out and said goodnight to my mom. I went into my room and lifted myself out of my chair and onto my bed. I fell asleep quickly.